Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Some Trek Movie News!

Quote Originally Posted by stule
    You guys want me to quote the source where they are getting Matt Daimon to play young Kirk?
    Since your entire premise seems to flow from this one rumor, I just have to ask... hasn't that one already been debunked? I know that Damon's publicist has denied his being approached for it. I'm pretty sure the folks at the official Star Trek site have denied it, too.

Let's try to keep "forming a preliminary opinion based upon actually-known facts" and "rampant ballistic gibbering about unsupported rumors" separate, huh?
    "It's hard being an evil genius when everybody else is so stupid" -- Quantum Crook

Actually my entire premise is why do they have to start all over again?

Kinda like why did Lucas go back and make Greedo shoot first.

Why did Spielberg go back and replace shotguns with walkie talkies in E.T.

After you make a work of art, for god sake, leave it alone.
    Perhaps in everyone else's eyes, but not the artist's. And it is HIS work of art. He can do whatever he want with it. All we audience can do is either like it or hate it.
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

Talking

Sorry, I got better things to do.
    With all due respects, I hope whatever they are, will keep you very occupied.

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

Quote Originally Posted by First of Two
    Since your entire premise seems to flow from this one rumor, I just have to ask... hasn't that one already been debunked? I know that Damon's publicist has denied his being approached for it. I'm pretty sure the folks at the official Star Trek site have denied it, too.
    Yes, it has been debunked entirely. And it's also been announced that Shatner and Nimoy have casting approval for the parts of Kirk and Spock, respectively.
    Former Decipher RPG Net Rep

"Doug, at the keyboard, his fingers bleeding" (with thanks to Moriarti)

In D&D3E, Abyssal is not the language of evil vacuum cleaners.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Burke
    Yes, it has been debunked entirely. And it's also been announced that Shatner and Nimoy have casting approval for the parts of Kirk and Spock, respectively.
    TrekToday just happen to report today:
    Although J.J. Abrams has repeatedly denied having any contact with the actor or his representatives and will not even confirm that the role will need recasting for Star Trek XI, Matt Damon said that he would be interested in playing a young Captain James T. Kirk.
    Do they have casting approval? Nimoy as I have indicated before seems to think he does as he got it for Star Trek III. Shatner? That would be nice as a handing off the torch.
    Member, TrekRPGnet Development Team | OD&D Guild - The Guild for Original (Classic) D&D | FlintGamers |Free Web Hosting

Of course, the fact that Matt Damon would like to play Kirk doesn't mean that anybody else, including the studio, actually WANTS him to. There are plenty of actors who would like to play roles. That's why they have these things called "casting" and "auditions."

Hell, I'D like to play young Captain Kirk. I'm 35, can speak... with... pauses... and would need a girdle too...

Course, I'd have to lose the beard, unless we rewrote the story for the Mirror Universe...
    "It's hard being an evil genius when everybody else is so stupid" -- Quantum Crook

::dusts off Mod hat::

:uts in on::

*cough! cough!*

*Ahem!*

Things are getting a little heated on both sides here, folks. Let's back off, get some perspective, and play nice. Okay?

Thanks.

::doffs Mod hat::
    Former Decipher RPG Net Rep

"Doug, at the keyboard, his fingers bleeding" (with thanks to Moriarti)

In D&D3E, Abyssal is not the language of evil vacuum cleaners.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Burke
    ::dusts off Mod hat::

:uts in on::

*cough! cough!*

*Ahem!*

Things are getting a little heated on both sides here, folks. Let's back off, get some perspective, and play nice. Okay?

Thanks.

::doffs Mod hat::
    Since the post which I responded to has been deleted, In the interest of peace (...what??... yes, yes, it's still really me, not Mirror Universe Fo2) and in the interest of not getting smacked down by another mod... I have deleted my response to it as well.

*ducks from the Mod*

Me too!

Sorry about the tension!

From Sylar to Spock?

Anyhoo...

While the casting of Kirk role is up in the air, I think JJ Abrams and Leonard Nimoy should consider talking to 29-year-old Zachary Quinto, whose recent credit includes 24 and is currently playing the serial superkiller Sylar on NBC's Heroes, for the Spock role.

The resemblance to a much younger Nimoy is almost ... ALMOST ... uncanny.

Source: http://detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...612040368/1034

P.S. I dare someone photoshopped this into a TOS uniform and Vulcan makeup.

-- Monte Cook

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

Abrams: First Draft of 'Star Trek XI' Is Finished

Abrams: First Draft of 'Star Trek XI' Is Finished
    Quote Originally Posted by trektoday.com's Michelle
    January 10, 2007 - 10:37 PM
    "I can't wait to do this," J.J. Abrams said of producing the upcoming eleventh Star Trek feature film, though he continued to refuse to discuss any plot details despite hints from William Shatner and others that the storyline will very likely center on a young Captain Kirk and Mr. Spock.

Abrams told Entertainment Weekly that a draft of the script is complete, though he refused to predict when Star Trek XI would reach theatres.
    Yah!!
    Member, TrekRPGnet Development Team | OD&D Guild - The Guild for Original (Classic) D&D | FlintGamers |Free Web Hosting

I would think that the studio would avid the big name stars and cast unknowns.

For one thing, it will be a lot easier to accept someone in the part of Kirk or Spock or whoever if they are not already well known for other parts. Secondly, nkwons will be much easier to get back for a sequel or even a new TV series if the film does well. A group of big name stars probably won't stay together for a sequel or two, and certainyl not for a series. THat would leave the franchise right back where is is now.

Considering that Trek remaserteed is putting effort into jazing up the TOS era effects, and that such stuff would prove veryuseful for a TOS era Trek fiim or series, I suspect the idea of a TOS relaunch has to be in the minds of the people at Paramount.