Thread: Any help would be appreciated

Exclamation Any help would be appreciated

Hello all,

We recently found and installed the following web-based data-storage for characters. A problem is, the only templates are for DND and I want to convert one, or create a new one for CODA ST - another problem is that I do not know how to write in php.

Is there anyone out there that could help me make heads or tales of this stuff so I can expedite the usage for LotR? I can print out all the script and e-mail the code to you and you can just tell me the changes I need to do. Or, if you want to get the actual files, I can supply them as well. I really would like to get a working LotR template up by the end of this month, if possible.

I am studying this stuff as I type, but if you are good at programming with php or java, I would greatly appreciate any assistance.

Once it is done, I welcome any players out there who would like to have a web-based interactive character sheet to use the profiler (for CODA or DND).

I look forward to any assistance,

Tomcat

PS - here is the site:

RPG Profiles

Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
    Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦○○] Dmg 9/11 | Edge 8 | Injury 16/18
    Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane, Foe-slaying
    Shadow bane, Skirmisher

It is all done for the Lord of the Rings layout everyone and I invite any of you out there that would like to have your character online. It will be private and editable for you at any time; you can also set it up so that your Narrator may make changes if needed. I will let everyone know when the Star Trek version is done.

If you play in a play-by-post game on a forum, you can add a URL to your signature and have your character available at any moment. This is a great feature for this game when you need to reduce Courage or Health points and you don't have a paper character sheet with you.

Here is a sample character and the URL underneath that is where you may join my site and create a character:

http://roleplay.avioc.org/profiles/view.php?id=14

http://roleplay.avioc.org/profiles/index.php

A couple of words... I am a novice at php and java so there may be some unknown bugs in the LotR sheet (the D&D sheets on my site were created by others so I cannot speak for those, although they seem really nice). If you find any, please PM me here and let me know.

Lastly, the online character sheet does not format for a prinout from any browser... I do not know why. So, your character will be there online but until I figure out the code to have the sheet page layout, that will be the only way you will be able to see it.

Good gaming and I hope you all find the sheet (sheets if you play D&D) useful!

Tomcat

Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
    Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane, Foe-slaying
    Shadow bane, Skirmisher

The template for CODA Star Trek is all done now too and the invitation goes out to any Star Trek players that would like an online character sheet. There are some bugs in the page still that I am working out but it is still saving the data, so feel free to use it now. The link below will take you to the game profiler - you'll need to register and then you can create as many characters as you wish!

http://roleplay.avioc.org/profiles/index.php

Enjoy, and happy gaming.

Tomcat

Shadow bane, Skirmisher

Fast and fun! Thanks I registered and creating characters right away! Sweet deal! Thanks and great work Tomkat!

7 of 11
    Bored of Borg?
    Try the new Species 8472!
    Hard to kill, Harder to find!

You're welcome 7 of 11!

Let me know if you are having any trouble with the Perception Mod saving and the Psionics rank.

I am having trouble with it and I am trying to get it worked out.

Thanks.

PS - there may be some other issues with the sheet - I am debugging as I go - but it looks like it is clean for the most part.

Shadow bane, Skirmisher

LOL! Just found it and fixed the errors!

So if you are having trouble, try again and re-save!

Tomcat

Shadow bane, Skirmisher