Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: TOS Schematics

Sakharov Class Survey Cruiser (X-Type) (SFB)

The Sakharov isa bit jarring...But I can see that design being made
    A brave little theory, and actually quite coherent for a system of five or seven dimensions -- if only we lived in one.

Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "Now We Are Alone"

Mackinzie Class (FASA)

Quote Originally Posted by BouncyCaitian
    The Sakharov isa bit jarring...But I can see that design being made
    Fortunately there's only four ships with a design similar to that in SFB.. but the 'dishes all over the hull' concept just still seems silly to me. It's hard enough justifying the Federation class these days. :S

The federation class was supposed to a a brute force ship (and a fuel hog to boot), but the Sakharove is just odd looking.....then again...early surveilance ships weren't exactly pretty either
    A brave little theory, and actually quite coherent for a system of five or seven dimensions -- if only we lived in one.

Detroyat Class Heavy Destroyer (Uprated)

Giordano Bruno Research Vessel
    Or "Starship Modeller's Bizzare Pre-Oberth Design"

Why isn't the dish on the secondary hull?
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Quote Originally Posted by The Tatterdemalion King
    Why isn't the dish on the secondary hull?
    No idea, to be honest. I disavow all knowledge of how this puppy is put together, and will worry about it when/if I include it into a Jaynz's guide or something.

Baton Rouge Class Cruiser, NCC-1300, Circa 2219

Cook Class Scout, NCC-400, Circa 2219 (LUG)

Nordenskjold Class Survey Cruiser, NCC-1425, Circa 2219 (FRS)

...What?

Every once in a while, you put up a ship that I just don't get. It's a Baton Rouge with an oversized neck? Whaat?
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

I like this version of the Detroyat

This is one that will throw some people. Basically, this is a long-standing request of 'What if the Detroyat, as per her backstory, was built with Baton Rouge-era components?' Because of the engines, though, you get a ship that's slightly wonky.

I think, for my purposes, only the first four six of the class were built to this configuration. As the PB-32 came online, and new heavy destroyers were ordered (in light of increased Klingon activity), the ships were hurridely fitting with PB-32/I engines and slightly refit (Todd's design).

The ship class was 'completed', with all but the Breckenridge uprated to the 'Polar Lights' design which I posted earlier.