Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: TOS Schematics

good lord, thats a fugly ship
    A brave little theory, and actually quite coherent for a system of five or seven dimensions -- if only we lived in one.

Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "Now We Are Alone"

Indeed. The old "greyscale" Ashanti was way better looking... but you probably strayed a bit from the "official" look of it, huh?
    "It's hard being an evil genius when everybody else is so stupid" -- Quantum Crook

The previous take on the Ashanti really ignored the dimensions and went for the description alone. This one took into account the dimensions and the given mass of the vessel. It's just nigh impossible to get a 'right' looking vessel with all that mass in such a small frame, coupled with the description.

Steve Long didn't really put a lot into Spacedock: TOS , and this is one ship where it shows. He took the concept of the New Orleans class, and made a 'similar scale down' for the Connie as the New Orleans was for the Galaxy.

In fact, the TOS guide is like that A LOT, actually.
    "Thank god I'm only watching the game... controlling it!"

Another one sitting on my hard drive. This is a TOS Nelson class, as shown by DC comics. What’s odd is that, otherwise, DC was usually somewhat slavish to FASA and surely would have remembered the Nelson class THERE and called this something else.

Odd. Basically a four-engine saucer. I added some ‘meat’ to the lower dome area just to give it a more believable engineering section.

Ohh....now this one I like. A nice clean symmetry to it
    A brave little theory, and actually quite coherent for a system of five or seven dimensions -- if only we lived in one.

Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "Now We Are Alone"

I'm thinking there should be another option than that drop-down dish...
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Quote Originally Posted by The Tatterdemalion King
    I'm thinking there should be another option than that drop-down dish...
    There are a few, but they all break the lines of the ship too much. Believe it or not, the drop-down dish is the LEAST intrusive of the various options out there.

From the Starship Recognition Series,
    The Robert Kennedy Class Diplomatic Cruiser

One of the more ‘demanded’ requests that I have, a TOS version of the Chandley, basically. I really like the dorsal view on this one, but not quite as crazy about the others… hefty bugger, though, for a frigate.

I think you could streamline the side, instead of leaving it rectangular.

and why is the deflector on the bottom and not taking advantage of the space on the front of the side-structures?
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Quote Originally Posted by TFVanguard
    There are a few, but they all break the lines of the ship too much. Believe it or not, the drop-down dish is the LEAST intrusive of the various options out there.
    What about the Bonaventure-style front dish? Or smaller recessed pods?

11 days without a Schematics fix! I've got the shakes! My hard drive is talking to me!
    "It's hard being an evil genius when everybody else is so stupid" -- Quantum Crook

Heh, sorry, beeing going through a number of other projects. I'll get out something new in the next couple of days.

London Class Troop Transport, From Birth of the Federation
    (I’m going to be knocking out a few of the last TOS Fed designs that I have left today and tomorrow)

Starbase 79’s Tokyo Class Destroyer

(And, yes, that is the registry given)