Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: TOS Schematics

Oh boy. A TOS-era Voyager (Intrepid Class). Yipee.

Is anybody else as disappointed as I am with all the proposed classes found on the internet? They all seem to be rehashes of existing designs using other-era parts. No creativity at all.

(I do not blame TFVanguard for these designs. He's getting them from STSTCS and other places.)

Wanderer Class Surveyor
    A recent FASA find...

"Thank god I'm only watching the game... controlling it!"

"Artoo, that stabilizer's broke loose again, see if you can't lock it down."

That bridge section, or whatever it is, certainly looks an awful lot like an R2 unit on the ship.
    Top view looks pretty cool, as does the front view. Side view is what kills the "trekness" of the ship, IMO.

Otherwise...not bad.

You know what's funny, I kept thinking that too.. but it's actually the bridge dome from the NCC-1701's Cage configuration.

The Taurus Class, from Spacedock
    One of those ships which are a bane of my existence, due to the odd volumetrics and the not-really-likely verbal description given to the ship. This is about as close as it’s going to get, I think…

I dunno... I liked your New-Orleans-derived Taurus from the old greyscale art better. Much better, actually.
    "It's hard being an evil genius when everybody else is so stupid" -- Quantum Crook

I agree that that one LOOKED better, but it didn't match up with Steve Long's size and components at all - and instead relied on the original description and a TOS 'translation' of the New Orleans.

I'll make a TOS New Orleans anyway, though.. but I won't need to be confined to Spacedock's horrid treatment of TOS.

Macon Class Torpedo Cruiser
    A TOS design based on the TNG New Orleans class, by request

I admit, this isn't one of my favorite concepts, redoing TNG ships as TOS ones, but this is one of the more heavily requested ships and it wasn't THAT hard to do... still...

Quote Originally Posted by Alex
    Oh boy. A TOS-era Voyager (Intrepid Class). Yipee.

Is anybody else as disappointed as I am with all the proposed classes found on the internet? They all seem to be rehashes of existing designs using other-era parts. No creativity at all.

(I do not blame TFVanguard for these designs. He's getting them from STSTCS and other places.)
    Well, I have no objection to them, if they're done well. (Or if TFVanguard takes them and turns them into something done well, as he has here.) But otherwise I'd have to agree.

OTOH, at least there are a lot of Fed ship classes out there, of whatever quality. I feel sorry for the other trek species. Most of them hardly have anything.

For a little while there was a great page of sketches and drawings and even some 3D over at a place called nightsoft.net, that had late-model Klingon, Romulan, Federation, Ferengi, Cardassian, and other sips, and promised more soon... but it's gone now.
    "It's hard being an evil genius when everybody else is so stupid" -- Quantum Crook

Manhattan Class Automated Transport/Tug

Redo of one of my older drawings...

K'Vint Class Destroyer

Nothing really special here, a kit-bashed destroyer made primarily so I could draw up and test out the 'true vertical' Klingon engine.

Bumping this and hoping TFVanguard still populates these forums. All the images are broken here, TFV, and not all of the ships are in galleries on pixelsagas. I use these as part of my screensaver, and several are missing. Could I convince you, if you're still here, to fix the image links or put the missing ships up in a gallery somewhere so I could download them?

This message repeats across all the threads of TFV's images; just trying really hard to get his attention.
    Patrick Goodman -- Tilting at Windmills

"I dare you to do better." -- Captain Christopher Pike

Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support

Heay, I have a request, Vanguard: Could you do the Antares as depicted in the remastered "Charlie X"? It's pretty close to some of the things you did with the TAS ships, but there are some differences, and I'm going to need a good pic of that for an upcoming project.

Thanks, and you're a good man....
    Patrick Goodman -- Tilting at Windmills

"I dare you to do better." -- Captain Christopher Pike

Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support