Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Star Trek RPG Announcement 08/09/2006

Star Trek RPG Announcement 08/09/2006

This announcement is appearing on my blog, trek-rpg.net, rpg.net, and Decipher's forums.
         The PDF version of the Star Trek RPG Player's Guide is being turned over to DriveThru RPG for posting at the end of the month. As soon as I have information on pricing and a more precise release date (it hadn't been quite nailed down as of my last conversation with Scott), I will post another update.
         This weekend, once I've finished my final tweaks to the manuscript, I will be sending out the Player's Guide Enterprise Update to the volunteer team for final vetting before turning it in for layout. No clue when it will be ready after that; again, as I get more information I'll relay it to you.
         I don't have any news on the Lord of the Rings RPG core book, and I don't expect anything resembling news on that front until after this weekend and the end of GenCon. I also don't know when I'll be starting work on the Star Trek RPG Narrator's Guide.
         Thank you for your kind support.
    Last edited by PGoodman13; 08-09-2006 at 03:44 PM.
    Patrick Goodman -- Tilting at Windmills

"I dare you to do better." -- Captain Christopher Pike

Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support

Out of curiosity, what happened to Decipher's products on drivethrurpg? I just checked and for both LotR and Trek it says "Titles in this category are coming soon! Please check back frequently or go here to subscribe to our general site newsletter to stay up to date with new title additions to DriveThruRPG.com"

Hmmm.... That was an odd experience.... I posted about Star Trek RPG for the first time in ages...
    AKA Breschau of Livonia (mainly rpg forums)
    Gaming blog 19thlevel

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Stack
    Out of curiosity, what happened to Decipher's products on drivethrurpg? I just checked and for both LotR and Trek it says "Titles in this category are coming soon! Please check back frequently or go here to subscribe to our general site newsletter to stay up to date with new title additions to DriveThruRPG.com"
    Scott Gaeta's looking into that; when I told him about it, he seemed a bit annoyed about it. More news as I get it.
    Hmmm.... That was an odd experience.... I posted about Star Trek RPG for the first time in ages...
    It happens to us all occasionally.

Wiiiiii!!!! sign me up! It's Christmas in August I look forward to the end of the month!

7 of 11
    Bored of Borg?
    Try the new Species 8472!
    Hard to kill, Harder to find!

I've been away from CODA Star trek for a while now, but have recently got back into the swing of things, and I am most definitely looking forward to those Enterprise updates!

Quote Originally Posted by PGoodman13
    ... at the end of the month.
    Since Decipher can no longer anger me with their broken promises and missed release dates, I'm asking out of pure curiosity: Which month were you referring to?
    “Worried? I’m scared to death. But I’ll be damned if I’m going to let them change the way I live my life.” - Joseph Sisko - Paradise Lost

^ Presumably August, when he posted. Given that this is Decipher we're talking about, though, the sky's the limit.

August. I still don't have any answers for anybody. I'm this close to giving up, too, so...we'll see. Right now my stubborn streak is winning out, but this could change at any time.

^ I'll have band-aids and a beverage of your choice standing by for when you finally stop banging your head against the wall.

Let us face the cold, hard facts: Decipher is a dead RPG horse. Has been for *looks at calendar* going on three years.

Patrick, you should focus your creative and talented energies toward making great fan supplements instead! At least we all appreciate your efforts.

The only reason I have the SLIGHTEST confidence that this deal is going to be fulfilled is Patrick's relentlessness in pursuing Decipher's reps for solid answers and commitments. Otherwise, I'm in LQ's camp - they Just Don't Give A S*** (TM)about what happens with the RPGs, Trek or otherwise.

I've written this a million times before - and I'm promising that this will be the last iterance of this sentiment - but Decpher's flirtation with RPGs (which originally started out as a publically-declared, full-blown marital vow) is going down in the RPG industry's annals as a joke about broken promises and wasted potential. I still find it nearly impossible to fathom how Warren Holland and His Crew of Dunderheads could have screwed up so badly with the ex-LUG gang; I go back occasionally and read that post I quoted from George Vasilikos on RPG.net, and still shake my head in wonder as to how in the name of Christ they thought they were going to make this work with the uncompromisingly stupid decisions that management made time and again. I remember when the ex-LUG gang started bailing, one by one...how we speculated here as to what the causes/consequences were, and were going to be, and how our worst fears ended up being realized.

Add to that the Herculean efforts Don went to in trying to get hold of the lost works for release, and Patrick's taking up of the cross - what was it, something over a year ago? - and the niggardly response Decipher has continually to drop, scrap-like, in our direction.

Enough of the vitriol. What comes, comes...but one way or the other - and especially for the sake of those who have taken valuable time and effort out of their lives to work on this - I'm really looking forward to the point where we can cut out the heroic measures in attempting to recussitate the DecipherTrek RPG corpse. Maybe then, for the love of God, we can wipe the slate clean and start building for a future with the game line again...however long that might take to realize.

Anyone know what unpublished material is still lying around?
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

For my part, they've put out the stuff they needed to to make my game fly. I would have liked the Peacekeepers/non-Starfleet book, but other than that, I'm satisfied. We're running a campaign 100 years out from TNG/DS9/VOY so it's getting to the point I just need the core rules and the Starships book. It's a disappointment that Decipher screwed the pooch, but there's been plenty of fan stuff here that's just as good and useful.

This is the second time i've been screwd out of the Klingon Book after having it being promised. *sigh*
    Duct tape is like The Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.

- Carl Zwanzig

Quote Originally Posted by IceGiant
    This is the second time i've been screwd out of the Klingon Book after having it being promised. *sigh*
    Don't give up yet; I haven't. I'm desperately trying to get the thing out for you guys.

But I could use some Excedrin or something for the headache.