Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is starship combat too streamlined?

I'll ask and see what I can do. TFVanguard, if you could do me an enormous favor and email me with some of the info you received, so I can use it to back me up....
    Patrick Goodman -- Tilting at Windmills

"I dare you to do better." -- Captain Christopher Pike

Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support

Quote Originally Posted by PGoodman13
    I'll ask and see what I can do. TFVanguard, if you could do me an enormous favor and email me with some of the info you received, so I can use it to back me up....
    I'll send along a message to go to you, since the email and discussion I got wasn't for 'public dissemination'. Effectively, Microsoft said, unequivocally, Paramount has all rights to ALL creative (not system) material to FASA's Trek license.

Quote Originally Posted by TFVanguard
    I'll send along a message to go to you, since the email and discussion I got wasn't for 'public dissemination'. Effectively, Microsoft said, unequivocally, Paramount has all rights to ALL creative (not system) material to FASA's Trek license.
    And Jordan would know....
    Patrick Goodman -- Tilting at Windmills

"I dare you to do better." -- Captain Christopher Pike

Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support

So I guess the question is, did they/would they/should they pass those on to Decipher?
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Quote Originally Posted by The Tatterdemalion King
    So I guess the question is, did they/would they/should they pass those on to Decipher?
    That's the $64,000 question. It depends on Decipher's rights for the game, and if they're specifically limited to the movies and television show. I don't know if 'previous game material' would be acceptable (in some form) under the old license.

That's the $64,000 question. It depends on Decipher's rights for the game, and if they're specifically limited to the movies and television show. I don't know if 'previous game material' would be acceptable (in some form) under the old license.
    I wonder whether the use of LUGtrek material came simply because it was mostly the same people (and there was no specifics in the license one way or another), or whether there was a specific clause that let them carry it over...
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry