Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No more PDFs on drivethrurpg?

No more PDFs on drivethrurpg?

Hello dear fellow RPG trekkies. Is it bad news? Mirror Universe (http://www.drivethrurpg.com/catalog/...oducts_id=3129 => link not working) and Worlds (can't find this one too) are no longer sold on drivethrurpg! What did happen??? Could there be someone explaining any reasons for this?

I think this is no good for the game line nor for Decipher's business at all (if they are still doing any?). I know the PG pdf is in work and waiting to be released one day but... Im still waiting for the Klingons and Ambassador Sourcebook pdfs ! (We'll never get these ones I presume )

Thanks in advance.

That's under investigation at the moment. Scott was somewhat annoyed to find out that they weren't there. Time to bug him about it again, I suppose.
    Patrick Goodman -- Tilting at Windmills

"I dare you to do better." -- Captain Christopher Pike

Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support

Not only the Trek titles are gone, also Isengart and Paths of the Wise for the LotR roleplaying game are no longer available, although they still remain in my shopping cart, but when I click the link, I am told, I have reached a sit with adult contents?! Patrick or Ineti could you please shed some light in the LotR side of things as well.

Anything would be appriciated.

Like I said, it's being investigated by Decipher on both lines. Scott seemed somewhat surprised that they weren't there, but DriveThru insists that they were asked to take them down. As soon as I know something, I'll pass it on to you guys.

Thanks, Patrick

Maybe someone with an old mad-on at Decipher pranked them.
    "It's hard being an evil genius when everybody else is so stupid" -- Quantum Crook

Sadly, that probably doesn't narrow the list over-much.

Very annoying, I was going to get those PDFs soon and they are taken down?!

Decipher sure knows how to anger the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by V'Lor
    Very annoying, I was going to get those PDFs soon and they are taken down?!

Decipher sure knows how to anger the fans.
    This is just from me, and has nothing to do with my somewhat tenuous relationship with Decipher, or my position as a volunteer editor, or anything like that. Just me, private citizen with a reasonably public and long-standing beef with the way Decipher does business. I want this to be extremely clear: The following commentary is my own opinion, and has nothing whatsoever to do with Decipher, nor does it represent Decipher in any official capacity whatsoever.

Now, that being said: Did you even bother reading this thread, or did you see the subject line and just chime in? I ask this because, if you've read the thread, you'd know that Decipher didn't take these things down. DriveThruRPG took them down. Decipher is somewhat irritated that they were taken down; anything that keeps income from getting to the company is going to irritate them. Decipher is trying to figure out what the hell is going on with this situation.

Decipher didn't do anything here to anger the fans. I'm not one to jump to their defense very often, but this time around it seems like a good idea, since your claims don't help the situation in any way.

Hum, too bad. Their website (on drivethru) isn't responding at all now. Sure, they are dealing with serious problems on their side as seen by Google :

Warning: mysql_connect(): Host 'DTRPG-FRONTEND' is blocked because of many connection errors; unblock with 'mysqladmin flush-hosts' in C:\webroot\catalog\includes\functions\database.php on line 19 Unable to connect to database server!

I can only hope this is not too serious for them because I think drivethrurpg is a good actor in the RPG business world. It would be sad they could be closed. I can see they are running their website on windaube (a french word literally meaning "win-F***k")

Cheers, and thank you again Patrick for your support.
    Last edited by Star Trek Man; 08-19-2006 at 03:55 PM.

Well, the Drivethru traveller / GDW section is working, as of a few minutes ago.

Although both Worlds and Mirror Darkly were purchased and downloaded many, many moons ago (and I'm not exaggurating regarding that time frame), I offer all hopes in that this is simply some kind of administrative glitch - left hand not knowing right hand, etc. - and that the links will be restored ASAP.

Keeping fingers crossed for the list being reinstated and expanded, despite all logic to the contrary...

Quote Originally Posted by D.S.McBride
    Although both Worlds and Mirror Darkly were purchased and downloaded many, many moons ago (and I'm not exaggurating regarding that time frame), I offer all hopes in that this is simply some kind of administrative glitch - left hand not knowing right hand, etc. - and that the links will be restored ASAP.

Keeping fingers crossed for the list being reinstated and expanded, despite all logic to the contrary...
    Thank you for your faith; I hope it's rewarded soon.

Hell, I hope it's rewarded at all. The Player's Guide PDF is supposed to be going up at the end of the month (though I have been delayed on getting the final tweaks on the Enteprise Update finished because of a recent health scare with my wife).

Just because I think it's supposed to be happening, however, doesn't make it so. I've got a new set of emails in to Scott; I hope to hear something back from him very soon.
    Last edited by PGoodman13; 08-29-2006 at 01:59 PM.

Looks to me like Drivethru was doing some work on the site-probably to get it ready for the player's Guide, and someone messed up some code.

Has anyone emailed drivethru and asked them?

Quote Originally Posted by tonyg
    Looks to me like Drivethru was doing some work on the site-probably to get it ready for the player's Guide, and someone messed up some code.

Has anyone emailed drivethru and asked them?
    Yup. Got this:
    Quote Originally Posted by DriveThruRPG
    Hi Patrick,
    Unfortunately all I can say is that we were asked to take them down. We hope to have them back up in the the future though.

Thanks,
    DTRPG Customer Service
    The result when I passed that along to Scott Gaeta was not pretty. Still trying to get an update on what's going on, and will let you know as soon as that happens.