Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stargate SG-1 Comes To End

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Burke
    Heh. I wondered if anyone would ever pick that up as a reference to a real series. That's just Don announcing that his gaming group may resurrect their old Stargate SG-1 RPG campaign...
    I knew that was Don's Stargate RPG campaign when I posted it. I just could not resist posting it here with SG-1 SciFi Channel Cancelation being announced. I did check out Gateworld when I original read Don's blog post wondering if I had missed something.
    Member, TrekRPGnet Development Team | OD&D Guild - The Guild for Original (Classic) D&D | FlintGamers |Free Web Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by spshu
    I knew that was Don's Stargate RPG campaign when I posted it. I just could not resist posting it here with SG-1 SciFi Channel Cancelation being announced. I did check out Gateworld when I original read Don's blog post wondering if I had missed something.
    Figured ass much, but just in case, thought I'd mention it...
    Former Decipher RPG Net Rep

"Doug, at the keyboard, his fingers bleeding" (with thanks to Moriarti)

In D&D3E, Abyssal is not the language of evil vacuum cleaners.

Well, I really like SG-1, so it's sad to see Sci-fi, the supposed 'home of science fiction', dump another fan/critic fave....AGAIN!!!!! (Farscape, anyone?)

Gee, I remember hearing that there was going to be some kind of 'prequel' movies, that weren't tied to the show. Then, I hear the show is ending.

Coincidence??

In case any studio execs are here, right now, listen to one loyal viewer.

I am not going to beg you to keep the show. I am not going to threaten to stop watching your channel or buying the sponser's products, and I'm not going to point out how you seemingly wasted our time with a great 200th episode knowing this was coming.

All I am going to say is this: Wrap up the Ori story line. You don't have to defeat them, but at least put them to the point where they are about the same level of danger as the Goa'uld were in the early parts of the show.

Then, when you pop out those tv movies, or those big budget or direct to video ones, I won't feel so cheated.

Thanx

(you know, that was a little cathartic. I should do that more often!)

Meh. SCI-FI, like many niche networks, are going the way of the dinosaur. Seen it happened on MTV (once a showcase of music videos 24/7, now a shadow of its former self).

At least SCI-FI is allowing SG-1 to finish its tenth and final season, with the last 10 episodes (after the midseason hiatus) to start airing in March 2007.
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

Quote Originally Posted by Tobian
    Actually Baal is also Australian - I only noticed when he started using his voice without the Goa-uld reverb
    Nope - Cliff Simon (Baal) is South African. I thought he might have been a Kiwi at first, but his accent is far from Australian.
    When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for others.

It's the same when you are stupid...

Actually Baal is also Australian - I only noticed when he started using his voice without the Goa-uld reverb

Someone suggested to me there might be a TV movie ala the end o Farscape - for it, to round out the Ori war.. that would seriously be cool!
    Actually, Ba'al (Cliff Simon) is South African.
    - Daniel "A revolution without dancing is a revolution not worth having."

I was going to point out that Cliff Simon's South African, but about a 100 people beat me to it.

I caught onto the show late -- about 6th season, but liked it. Toward the end, they were using too much spacecraft-oriented stuff, getting away from the whole stargate thing. Season 9 staggered pretty badly, even with Browder, but blinging Black on was a great idea; she's really livened up this season. (Though the two together will apparently kill a sci-fi show...)

Atlantis has better character interaction, right now, IMO. I'll miss it.

Quote Originally Posted by black campbellq
    I caught onto the show late -- about 6th season, but liked it. Toward the end, they were using too much spacecraft-oriented stuff, getting away from the whole stargate thing.
    It's only logical. If the Goa'uld must conquer a planet, they have to attack from multiple routes: through a stargate and from the sky.

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

Talking

LOL! I got someone!

Funny thing is, I get my players too, but in a different way: They sometimes read the SG-4 previews and mistake them for SG-1 news bits.

I've gone so far to ask GateWorld to send interview request e-mails to my players, but no response yet. I suspect it won't happen as they (GateWorld) are too busy.

If you have time to kill, you might find the misadventure of SG-4, chronicled here interesting.

Kree!
    Mass Effect Fate RPG | "Mass Effect meets Fate meets awesome = FREE"
    Contributor, Gnome Stew
    "In every revolution, there's one man with a pizza."
    Star Trek (TOS) "Pizza, Pizza" (Second season), story by D.S.McBride

Hmm Don, i followed that link and clicked on the mission summaries pages.... and my browser was loading for a good 15 minutes and got nothing.. then I realised the whole thing was going UGH, is there something going on, as I was quite intreagued, as I never got my game going after the first mission
    Ta Muchly

since my SG4 post has everyone has seem to ignore this previous post. I will repost it...
    Gateworld reports:
    Cooper: SG-1 will go on

Monday - August 21, 2006 | by Darren Sumner

Don't count Stargate SG-1 out just yet. Though SCI FI Channel has cancelled the long-running series (story), the show's producers are hard at work looking for a new outlet for the story to continue, executive producer Robert C. Cooper told GateWorld exclusively.
    ... As there is a Fans campaign to Save Stargate SG-1!
    Last edited by spshu; 09-13-2006 at 07:25 AM. Reason: edited to make sense
    Member, TrekRPGnet Development Team | OD&D Guild - The Guild for Original (Classic) D&D | FlintGamers |Free Web Hosting

Yes I have seen it, and I have about as much hope as I did with the 'save enterprise' campaign! Still.. you never know?!
    Ta Muchly

Yes I have seen it, and I have about as much hope as I did with the 'save enterprise' campaign! Still.. you never know?!
    Consider the fact that the producers are still willing to continue with it as the earlier quote indicates gives it better odd than Enterprises.

since my SG4 post has everyone this previous post. I will repost it...

... As there is a Fans campaign to Save Stargate SG-1!
    Let's hope the producers are not thinking of putting it on MyNetworkTV.

-- Monte Cook

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

Quote Originally Posted by REG
    Let's hope the producers are not thinking of putting it on MyNetworkTV.
    I could see it going to Spike TV or in to 1st run syndication. I don't think MyNetworkTV or too many MyNetworkTV stations picking it up in syndication but the stations have 1 night with out MyNetTV programming as I understand. The could go with i TV as they supposedly will set a side a block of programming for "independent" producers. The CW might want it as SciFi targets 18-34 and so does CW and they don't exactly rule out Sci-Fi as they have Smallville (although Superhero subgenre).

Direct to DVD seem reasonable but would seem like broadcasting it some how first so people can sample the show first would seem a better situation.

I was thinking maybe that they should do something that has not been done in a while like a movie serial. I think the cinemas would like some that brings people in week after week.

I have been thinking that SG1 cancelation is for the same reason as Farscpace too costly per episodes as actors salaries go up. You would think now that SciFi is owned by GE: NBC Universal that they might have more money for new episodes. Perhaps all the additional was pump into new shows (Eureka, Dead Like Me).
    Last edited by spshu; 07-21-2017 at 04:08 PM. Reason: clarify, sp/