Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Star trek books, from decipher

Star trek books, from decipher

hi to all
    I have been enjoying through the posts, including the Harry Potter stuff

now i got a question about books made, / or being made, as i just came across one I am wondering if it was really published, or what?!?!?
    I understand some books got so far before Decipher pulled the plug

StarTrek RPG sourcebook Klingon, Klingons, or Klingon Empire

one of these names, anyway. I found the book on a discount website, (which seems hard to find & search) and was wondering if the book was real,before ordering it

thanks for any help

Greetings, and welcome to the boards.

Unfortunately, with regard to pretty much anything that concerns Star Trek (or Lord of the Rings, for that matter), the Decipher issue, at this point, appears to fall into the dead duck category. The extant works, at this point, include:

Players' Guide
    Narrators' Guide
    Narrators' Screen
    Starfleet Operations Manual
    Starships
    Aliens
    Creatures

The others - and there were a lot of them, yes - ended up being stillborn when Decipher pulled the plug on the RPG studio back in Jan. '04. There was an attempt to get those works published in a .pdf format, on Drive-Thru RPG, but only two - Worlds and Through a Glass Darkly (the Mirror Universe sourcebook) - actually saw release. Through some chain of events that we're not quite clear on yet, Drive-Thru has taken both of those works off the available list, and we're unsure as to if/when they may be put back on.

The man who has taken up the cross with regard to dealing with Decipher is the estimable Patrick Goodman, who goes by the handle PGoodman13 and is a regular contributor to these boards. He has been fighting on all our behalves to try and secure the release of the remaining works - of which Blood and Honor (the Klingon sourcebook) is a major item.

The venue through which you've seen this work advertised, unfortunately, is either seriously out of date or is engaging in false advertising - deliberately or otherwise. Blood and Honor is in an adminstrative limbo right now, and has been for over two and a half years. You have, however, definitely come to the right place when it comes to news regarding this sort of thing - the moment that any of those missing works (including Worlds and Glass Darkly) becomes available, Patrick Goodman will have it posted here at multi-warp speed.

Yup. And since Decipher took over from the Last Unicorn Trek game (staff and all), some of the stuff has been in limbo since the old LUGTrek days.

THe good news is: Supposedly, all the Decipher stuff is going to be put up oin PDF form on DrivrThru.

But, for some unexpalined reason, it all vanished.

Maybe it will all be up there next month, along with the Player Guide. Maybe not.

If any of us had a clue as to what was going to happen next, we post it. At this time, we are all just sitting back and trying to be optomistic.

on the book

here is the link

http://www.discountanimedvd.com/detail.asp?dvdno=11364

i see least there is a cover

makes you wonder, don't it???

If I remember right, the cover for the Peacekeepers hardcover was also advertised at some point. But that one didn't get released either.

Took a quick look at the link; it may have been thrown in just now, but there's a rider underneath the retail price that indicates,
    Availability: Discontinued

This item has been discontinued and it is no longer being manufactured. Please check out its related products.
    Not completely honest - if the damn thing had ever been released, then you could say it's been discontinued - but at least they're noting that, in any case, we ain't gettin' it.

If - as it's commonly referred to around here - The Damned Klingon Book ever does get released, it'll almost certainly be through the auspices of Drive-Thru. Your move, Decipher. Bueller? Bueller? Beuller...?

Oh Where Oh Where Have Our Little Books Gone ...

Oh Where Oh Where Can They Be?

Here is an announcement from Scott Gaeta from last fall. For those who like to check facts, here is the link: http://decipher.fanhq.com/Articles/Article.aspx?ID=921

Scott wrote:

New Releases for The Lord of the Rings RPG and Star Trek RPG!

Scott Gaeta

4 Oct 2005

Decipher is pleased to announce that we have decided to partner with Drive Thru RPG.com (www.dtrpg.com) to release new titles for both The Lord of the Rings and Star Trek Roleplaying games as downloadable e-books. We know there are many fans of these two games who have been waiting a very long time for these books and the e-book format will make it possible for us to release them in a timely manner. (Note: Emphasis mine) Each books' presentation will be consistent with the high quality standards players of these lines have come to expect.

In just a couple weeks new titles for each game will be available ... The Start (sic) Trek line will kick off its series of releases with Worlds. You can then look forward to titles such as Mirror Universe, Peacekeepers, Klingons, and Enterprise.

In addition to these new titles we will also be making select adventures, character sheets, and quickstarts available for free. Stay tuned to decipher.com for more news and announcements as these new titles release.

Best,

Scott Gaeta
    Decipher, Inc.
    Ten months and we've got two new titles, both last winter. Very timely, indeed.

LQ

Klingon book!
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Protocol, TK, protocol - The Damned Klingon Book.

Decipher #9 - Klingon Bastards!

Quote Originally Posted by TFVanguard
    Decipher #9 - Klingon Bastards!
    The cover is a huge picture of Gowron's leering face.
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Quote Originally Posted by The Tatterdemalion King
    The cover is a huge picture of Gowron's leering face.
    Actually, I think it's a picture of Warren Holland photoshopped to make him look like a Klingon, and he's pointing at a computer screen displaying the Decipher boards full of hungry fans of his company's games, and he's laughing.

Well, he's not dressed as a Klingon but it's the best pic I could find.

LQ

I think I have seen this pic before somewhere here on the boards, is that possible?!

Quote Originally Posted by Cut
    I think I have seen this pic before somewhere here on the boards, is that possible?!
    Yes. And it was me who posted it then, too.

LQ