Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Star trek books, from decipher

Thanks, LQ, I was afraid my memory was playing my a trick.

Hey! Hey! Can we remember what we're here for and get back to bashing Decipher? One of the bruises on the side of the head is starting to heal up, and we can't have that! Pick up your whacking sticks and get back to work, gentlemen!

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Palmer
    StarTrek RPG sourcebook Klingon, Klingons, or Klingon Empire
    The plug hasn't quite been pulled, but it has been plugged into a very low-amperage outlet, it seems.

Klingons: Blood & Honor was never published, though it was completed and in some stage of development. It's a ways down in the queue of books to turn into PDFs. I'm trying to get it elevated from its current position to a higher one. More information will be forthcoming when I get it.
    Patrick Goodman -- Tilting at Windmills

"I dare you to do better." -- Captain Christopher Pike

Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support

Quote Originally Posted by D.S.McBride
    The others - and there were a lot of them, yes - ended up being stillborn when Decipher pulled the plug on the RPG studio back in Jan. '04. There was an attempt to get those works published in a .pdf format, on Drive-Thru RPG, but only two - Worlds and Through a Glass Darkly (the Mirror Universe sourcebook) - actually saw release. Through some chain of events that we're not quite clear on yet, Drive-Thru has taken both of those works off the available list, and we're unsure as to if/when they may be put back on.
    Still no info on that, though to be honest I haven't had a lot of time to pursue it; my wife's been ill (nothing major, it seems, just very distracting) and I've been trying to recharge my batteries on other pursuits for a little while.
    The man who has taken up the cross with regard to dealing with Decipher is the estimable Patrick Goodman, who goes by the handle PGoodman13 and is a regular contributor to these boards. He has been fighting on all our behalves to try and secure the release of the remaining works - of which Blood and Honor (the Klingon sourcebook) is a major item.
    You're very kind. I sometimes don't know quite how to handle all the kind words that get sent my way, but I thank people for them anyway.
    You have, however, definitely come to the right place when it comes to news regarding this sort of thing - the moment that any of those missing works (including Worlds and Glass Darkly) becomes available, Patrick Goodman will have it posted here at multi-warp speed.
    I'll certainly do my best. I suppose I should get off my backside and start pushing on things again. *sighs* Back to the salt mine with me....

Originally posted by PGoodman13
    *sighs* Back to the salt mine with me....
    Actually, I was think it'd be more the Kessel spice mines type thing, but yeah, that works too...

I've written it here a number of times before - and I don't want to have repetition turn into redundancy - but your dedication to trying to get some kind of neural activity out of the DecipherTrek RPG corpse has been nothing less than inspiring, Patrick. Again, all we can do is keep those fingers crossed and volunteer to provide whatever assistance might be helpful. I myself have been considering going over to Norfolk, spraying salt water on the admin staff, then hooking them up to a Delco and seeing if we can get Boris Karloff and Elsa Lanchester to stick-walk their way across the floor...

Quote Originally Posted by D.S.McBride
    Actually, I was think it'd be more the Kessel spice mines type thing, but yeah, that works too...
    Actually, if I wanted to keep the metaphor going, it'd be the dilithium mines on the penal asteroid Rura Penthe....

I'll try to keep inspiring, then. As long as it makes a difference to someone, I'll keep making the effort.

Inspiring Efforts

I lurk on these boards a lot more than I post, but ... both Decipher and DriveThru need to get back to work! They have a product, I have money ... where's the problem?

You are inspiring, PGoodman13! Keep it up!