Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Simulation

you are correct, I did volunteer for one of the Dominion Attack Ships. As for the nebula and its complement . . . The nebula should either be weapon pod, with no runabouts, or a standard nebula with runabouts.

DeviantArt Slacker MAL Support US Servicemembers
    "The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One

The standard with the runabouts would be more "realistic". I can't recall the earlier part of the thread, but why are we using the Nebula?

Charles
    "Everything happens for a reason..."

Well we gravitated towards the Nebula for no special reason.

I proposed several ships and Jalu3 picked up the Nebula...thats all.

Hi everyone (I see there has been talk as I worked on this, Ehh anyway),
    Things are getting set up. But it will take me a bit longer to post the ship stats, I can't just cut-n-paste. In other words the PDF document is protected. Cpt. Lundgren has set up a joinable forum not yet displayed. That the two of us are working on... alright he's working, I'm in the way with suggestions

We have the following people confirmed:
    Captain Otto: Federation side
    ImperialOne: Nebula
    JALU3: Dominion Attack Fighter

I haven't heard back from First of Two yet or any of the other people I sent PM's to asking if they wanted to join.

I've taken the liberty of coming up with information on the ships. If anyone has any requests for changes, please let me know. I have no problem with making changes this early in the process.
    Federation Forces:
    • U.S.S. Columbia NCC-60586, Nebula-class starship
    • U.S.S. North Buffalo NCC-73679, Danube-class runabout
    • U.S.S. Stockholms NCC-75918, Danube-class runabout

(The Nebula is named in memory of the Space Shuttle Columbia. NCC registry derived by averaging the known other Nebula class registries. Both Danubes are named for the rivers running through Steve Long's and Magnus Lundgren's home towns. The NCC number is derived from the Latitude/Longitude of the same towns preceded by the number 7... Lucky number 7, the little ships might need it.)

Dominion Forces:
    • 02-Gamma-F-57301944, Jem'Hadar Attack Ship
    • 02-Gamma-F-57301972, Jem'Hadar Attack Ship
    • 02-Gamma-F-57301986, Jem'Hadar Attack Ship

(I just used Steve's scheme from The Dominion Wars Sourcebook to ID the Dominion ships and a random number generating polyhedron. For simplicity we can use the last 2 digits to reference them 44, 72 and 86 or by a color code established with the counters. If anyone has a better idea here I'm open to talk about it.)

Captain Name/species/history (if any)/information is the reasonability of the players, The Dominion Vorta should be easy however. Statistic wise, I think we could just pick a number as long as both sides are equal in that regard.
    • Attribute: 4
    • Relevant skill level: 4 or 5 (plus the recommended number in the ship write-up)
    • Courage Points: 6 for the fleet commander, 4 for other ship commanders.

If I'm missing anything or you have opinions that differ, let me know. I haven't yet decided up-rated or not yet on the Nebula, I'm going to compare number to see if it's warranted. The scenario is currently a WIP that will get posted here for your approval and/or suggestions sometime later this week.

I just hope I'm up to moderating this.
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"

Looks good to me really nice actually, with an eye for detail.

Where can I access the Simulation Forum once I have been accepted?
    "Everything happens for a reason..."

Here it is.

Anyone, from what I understand, can access the forum. You need the permission to be able to post. But since your asked, I present the Spacedock Simulation Forum.
    Phoenix...

but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

But since your asked, I present the Spacedock Simulation Forum.

Just took a glance, and I just have to nitpick... Are there rivers named Stockholm and North Buffalo? Danube class runabouts are named after Earth rivers, explicitly stated on-screen.

That's not really a nitpick, but the answer is: yes there are.

Both Danubes are named for the rivers running through Steve Long's and Magnus Lundgren's home towns.
    Thanks for looking at the forum.
    Phoenix...

Ah, I missed the river part before

Funny, I have never considered the water around here as a river. Stockholm was originally built as a lock between the lake Mälaren (west of old town) and the Baltic sea (east of old town). We just call the water flowing through here "Stockholms ström" which would be translated something along the lines as Current of Stockholm. But of course, I am also a little bit to used to the rivers of northern Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix
    Anyone, from what I understand, can access the forum. You need the permission to be able to post. But since your asked, I present the Spacedock Simulation Forum.
    It is now also possible to find it under "Joinable Forums" on the main forum view.

Damn, now I can see it . . . but I can't post . . . now will it allow me to join . . . I shall continue to Stand Fast.

"The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One

I know this is far off in the future . . . but would it be possible, at a later date and time, to test out my Gambier Bay Class CVL? You know give it a good combat trail to see how well my design works out for its intended role?