Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nova Class Deckplans

If I place an order for Intrepid plans now, will you simply ship them when ready?

Charles
    "Everything happens for a reason..."

Hi,

Tim here.
    We don't want to miss a pre-order, or get things confused, so we're not taking any pre-orders, sorry about that.
    Intrepid's on the way though, don't worry. Then Defiant after that. We just want to make sure things are as perfect as we can make them and not let any errors slip through.

Tim

DOh, Intrepid is first???? *cry*
    Duct tape is like The Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.

- Carl Zwanzig

No, I definatelly am looking forward to the intrepid, it's one of the only canon ships that has almost nothing available for it.. I really wish they had done a Tech manual for it!

You might not agree with them but plans for the defiant do exist, in the DS9 tech manual - they don't look much like the model and are internally inconsistent with the cutaways they show in the book hehe, but they are existant!
    Ta Muchly

Oh I agree, i just never cared for the Intrepid all that much.
    Duct tape is like The Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.

- Carl Zwanzig

Salt Spring Island, British Columbia, Canada
    Tim and Dan are presently taking Intrepid on her final QC shakedown - then they'll go on to Defiant. Both ships are finished, they just have to proof them - and I don't jog their elbows while they do so.

If all goes well Intrepid and Defiant will be available in October.

We'll post details of any new ships as soon as they are ready to be released on our site.
    "I know engineers, they love to change things..."
    - Dr. Leonard McCoy

And I have money in my paypal account now

Renny

I just got my Nova class deckplans in the mail...in a word, awesome!

One question, though...I can't find the holodeck; does the Nova class not have one?

I'll have a mutiny in my crew if they don't have a holodeck! If worse comes to worst, I can convert the work-out chamber into the holodeck, but I can't help but wonder if I'm just not seeing it.
    When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for others.

It's the same when you are stupid...

deck plans

Hi,

Glad you like them!
    If we're not mistaken, in the Equinox episode, they state that Nova class didn't have any holodecks. And memory-alpha.org also states that.
    I'm proofreading Intrepid now, but have been delayed due to the day job. Apologies for that.
    Tim

yes, I can recall it was a specific part of the plot that the Nova class was too small to have a Holodeck, and judging by the episode the crew went mental because of it They had the 'poor mans holodeck' an impant which they wore on the side of the neck, which they got off some friendly aliens

I am seriously considering getting these, and definatelly the intrepid!
    Ta Muchly

Quote Originally Posted by Number6
    Hi,

Glad you like them!
    If we're not mistaken, in the Equinox episode, they state that Nova class didn't have any holodecks. And memory-alpha.org also states that.
    I'm proofreading Intrepid now, but have been delayed due to the day job. Apologies for that.
    Tim
    Ah, makes sense! Thanks!
    When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for others.

It's the same when you are stupid...

You could also make the arguemnet that they just didn't have power for the holodecks, not necessarily that they didn't have any. But that's neither here nor there.

- Carl Zwanzig

As with many (...all...) tech statements made in an episode, this one is subject to various interpretations. We chose to pick the one with the greatest chance of being 'canon': "don't have" = "does not exist in this ship".

Our thinking has always been to treat statements, on-screen depictions, etc. as gospel , unless they are mutually inconsistent, in which case we argue about it in-house or ambush some innocent fans at a BBS and ask their interpretations.
    Examples would include the MSDs & soundstages. The former we try to follow, but the latter is cast in tritanium.
    - Dr. Leonard McCoy

Any updates as to the readiness of the Intrepid class deckplans?

Charles
    "Everything happens for a reason..."

Everytime I crack the door open to ask the QC's, they snarl and slam the door...
    Seriously, they're working on it. The longer they inspect, the better the final product.
    - Dr. Leonard McCoy