Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nova Class Deckplans

Nova Class Deckplans

Strategic Design Publications has announced availability of Nova-class deckplans with more to follow.

http://www.strategicdesignpub.com/index.htm

Disclosure - I have done some consultant work for Stategic Designs in the form of research and quality assurance/proofreading.
    AKA Breschau of Livonia (mainly rpg forums)
    Gaming blog 19thlevel

Does anyone have any of their plans? Are they any good?
    As for the nova, I already have an amazing set by Publius. Not sure I want to have to pay for another set.
    Last edited by IceGiant; 09-04-2006 at 12:29 PM.
    Duct tape is like The Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.

- Carl Zwanzig

I'm obviously biased, but given that...

I believe that they just went up for sale in the past day or two, so I don't know all the details as to if anyone has copies yet. A few years ago I was helping Dave Schmidt (the author of the plans) get in touch with Decipher to see if they'd be interested in publishing them - we provided Doug Burke with some samples, so he might be able to give an unbiased view (though the plans have evolved since that point).

There are a lot of other plans pretty close to completion (mainly going through the quality control process) - I believe the Intrepid plans are currently planned as the next release.
    AKA Breschau of Livonia (mainly rpg forums)
    Gaming blog 19thlevel

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Stack
    There are a lot of other plans pretty close to completion (mainly going through the quality control process) - I believe the Intrepid plans are currently planned as the next release.
    Decent Intrepid plans would rock. On what detail level are they compared for example to the Galaxy class blueprints that have been available back in TNGs hayday.

I can't speak for the quality of the Nova class plans but I did some proofreading of the Intrepid Class deckplans for David a couple of years ago and they were of a very high standard. I'll certainly be buying some of these sets as they become available, including the Intrepid. I'm very excited that these are finally seeing the light of day. For the Nova, though, i'll probably stick with Publius' excellent free plans.

Regards

Renny

Sorry, Cut, to answer your question I would say they were of higher detail than the Galaxy plans

Regards

Renny

I'm going to agree with Renny and saythe plans were quite good based on the samples I saw.
    Former Decipher RPG Net Rep

"Doug, at the keyboard, his fingers bleeding" (with thanks to Moriarti)

In D&D3E, Abyssal is not the language of evil vacuum cleaners.

Do you know how they are wrapped and what kind of paper stock they are to be printed on? None of that's detailed. I love this sort of thing, and I could well get some of them, but I want to know what I'm getting, I am suspecting it'll be mail order only, which could be costly for me!
    Ta Muchly

I'm definitely interested, but $20 is enough for me to put it out of the impulse buy price range.
    This problem becomes even worse when I take a look at the list of planned releases. I cannot spend several hundred dollars on deckplans.
    “Worried? I’m scared to death. But I’ll be damned if I’m going to let them change the way I live my life.” - Joseph Sisko - Paradise Lost

Quote Originally Posted by Renny
    Sorry, Cut, to answer your question I would say they were of higher detail than the Galaxy plans
    Thank you, Renny. I have to keep an open eye for them it seems

BTW, i'm going to email David Schmidt and ask if has plans to setup the option to pay for these by Paypal. As a UK resident, it's going to be amazingly annoying to have to organise money orders and so on. I'll let you know what he says.

Regards

Renny

Quote Originally Posted by Renny
    BTW, i'm going to email David Schmidt and ask if has plans to setup the option to pay for these by Paypal. As a UK resident, it's going to be amazingly annoying to have to organise money orders and so on. I'll let you know what he says.
    That would be great! Thanks!

If by chance anyone does pick up the Nova plans i would be interested in hearing their thoughts and how they compare to Pub's version.
    Duct tape is like The Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.

- Carl Zwanzig

I got a very nice email back from David Schmidt on the subject of Paypal. He says there are no plans at the moment but has said he'll look into it, although any such move is unlikely to happen until 2007.

He also kindly mentioned that he remembered me offering some input on the plans way back when. That was nice to hear.

On a personal note, i'll certainly be picking up the plans for the Intrepid, Oberth, Defiant, Constitution refit and Ambassador class as these will cover all the ships i've run ST games with apart from the Hermes class scout.

I'm looking forward to making my first purchase and I mentioned that we were discussing the plans on these boards so hopefully he might pop in from time to time.

Regards

Renny

Hmm, annoying, it's going to be hard for me to get these - GRRR !
    Ta Muchly