Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Composition of a Stargate Team

Quote Originally Posted by Sho-sa Kurita
    In my view, this is actually a good thing. Not only do you get to discover things as you go, your character wouldn't know most of the stuff either. He'll find out what he needs to find out, and you can pick your friends' brains as the need, or curiosity arises.
    That's exactly what I thought when the idea of the online campaign came up.
    I mailed the GM and asked if it would be okay for a player to join, that had little to no setting knowledge and he sort of responded like you did!

When I saw the movie in Cinema years ago I thought that the setting and the idea were cool and that one could do a lot with it. The tv episodes I did see mostly didn't do it for me and I stayed away from SG-1 so far. But I always thougt that one could have done amazing things in the setting. I even considered buying the RPG when it first came out but the steep price that is 50 bucks for a product I might like und might use some day (might being the operative word here) just wasn't in the budget at any point of time. Too many other games out there with an actual chance of playing.
    But now with the new situation of having a GameMaster setting up everything, knowing his stuff and having some other players that know their way around SG-1 this might be the chance I have waited for. The fact that our GM wants to base the game on the new RuneQuest rules is good for me as well, as that is one core rule book that I actually own!

I thot this linkage for SG stuff might be useful

http://forum.trek-rpg.net/showthread...light=stargate
    A brave little theory, and actually quite coherent for a system of five or seven dimensions -- if only we lived in one.

Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "Now We Are Alone"

Thanks, BC, the first link seems to be broken, but I will go and check out the other two

We have a Intelligence officer (NID) charge of the group, Lt Col
    Forward Recon officer (major) for the scout work
    A scientist for the lingusitics
    Ssgt sniper for the line animal
    and a russian tech geek for analyzing technology
    A brave little theory, and actually quite coherent for a system of five or seven dimensions -- if only we lived in one.

Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "Now We Are Alone"