Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Forum Rpg

Now, I think we have shown that there are sufficient numbers of people who are interested. Now the question is, who will step up to the mound . . . and start pitching some throws . . . i.e. . . . will by the GM?

DeviantArt Slacker MAL Support US Servicemembers
    "The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One

I am back!

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    I might, and I stress might, be able to do the Narrator duties, but I'll need a couple weeks to settle my work schedule down and a few more to come up with the storyline.

To be honest, this is a stretch for me (two classes, a book and running two other campaigns at the moment whilst I prepare for a third), and if someone else wants to step up, I'm keen to give them a go (rather than Narrate a poorly-designed campaign or end up with another false start).
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

Bump.

jk,

but since there's been no activity for a while on this thread, I thought I'd check in.

Well, I'm still here.
    "The main difference between Trekkies and Manchester United fans is that Trekkies never trashed a train carriage. So why are the Trekkies the social outcasts?"
    Terry Pratchett

Things are taking longer than I anticipated to get settled down here at the office. If everyone can bear with me for another week or two (we're trying to get the contract renewed for the contractor here in my office...gotta love new fiscal year garbage... ), I think I can pull this off...
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

I'll wait as long as it takes.

"The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One

I have just browsed through the thread's three pages and I have to ask: We're still considering a Merchant Marine campiagn using CODA Trek rules, don't we?

If it's CODA someone will need to help me convert a character that I create using ICON.

Had an idea yesterday (insert joke here), basicly, same as our Merchant marine premise, but instead of us being on the wrong side of the Cardies, what if we were on the wrong side of the Wormhole?

TNT is running the lead up to the war episodes in the afternoons, and I thought, watching yet another FED attempt to initiate trade with a race in the GQ, only to have the Jem'hadar show up to display the Founder's displeasure, what if our characters were on one of those trade missions, and suddenly the Dominion started coming after us?

I don't know; not really suggesting it as a real idea, because that would double the work for any narrator(s), but it would free us to do things that are not in cannon, like explore the GQ, maybe show the slow disintegration of the Dominon from the other side, explore some of the mysteries on the other side, etc.

I am up for either or. But it's up to the Narrator/GM . . . and how much work he wants to do.

Gents, I have a strong desire to keep things in the Alpha and Beta Quadrants for now. There's enough meat to feed on there, if you catch the gist of my drift...
    Davy Jones

-- The Wizard of Oz

Just a passing thought I had, that's all.

Already working on some character concepts and reviewing the Merchant Marine info!

Right now I'm looking at different races: right now, my front runner seems to be an Antican, with him possibly being in ship security (insert guard dog joke here), but I'm still shopping around.

The good thing is that the FED Merchant Marine, as presented in the ICON system, doesn't require FED citizen status for membership, so the door is open for just about any race you want, as long as it's in the Alpha/Beta quads (so, if you want to play Species 8472, you're gonna have alot of explainin to do).

Anyone else have any ideas on their character/s?

Quote Originally Posted by Tricky
    (so, if you want to play Species 8472, you're gonna have a lot of explaining to do)
    DOH!!! I better scratch that idea then...

Well, still on the "need a character with low amount of screen time" stage.