Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Forum Rpg

Honestly, no. I was hoping to play within this community, however small we have become. I think everyone here knows who I am, and I think I know about most people here who are regular posters. It's like playing with distant friends if I can play here.

DeviantArt Slacker MAL Support US Servicemembers
    "The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One

I am still up for a game, preferable the one we have been talking about in this thread. Got a feeling that most of us still are

Quick check. How many are still interested? And if enough of us are, Sea Tyger, are you still interested in running it?

But the speed of this reply might indicate that my available time is as limited and scattered as usual. As usual, my site related activities has been limited to the engineering department

Now, back to engineering and see if I can see why we have used up more bandwidth in a few days, than we usually need 2-3 month to chew through.

I'm still ready to join a game, although it's been a few months since I promised to revise my character writeup for this game and still did nothing.
    "The main difference between Trekkies and Manchester United fans is that Trekkies never trashed a train carriage. So why are the Trekkies the social outcasts?"
    Terry Pratchett

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    I would like to run, but, to be honest, I took on a second writing project since I last posted and just don't have the time (I want to get at least one of my books done before the end of the year). I could barely play (and, no offense, James), but I would only play a Coda game.

If I get one or both of my books done this year, I would probably be able to run something in '09, but that's the earliest I can go.
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

Well I would be willing to run a ICON game . . . as those are the only books I own <_>
    That is if that's what it takes. However, I have run only two Star Trek games overall . . . and have played in a handful of others, but not GMed . . . so I am relatively novice at GMing for all my RPG experience. If that doesn't bother anyone I would be willing to give it a go.

"The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One

Since no one has posted for a while on this entire forum, yet we can tell that many of us are checking for new post daily. Why not I propose another attemp at a Forum RPG? I was thinking of something along the lines of a DW or a pre-DW Card/Kling War game . . . I am sure there can be something in that era we can all agree with.

I may be interested in a Forum Rpg. I would lean toward using the CODA system, but I do have my old LUG Trek books around here somewhere.
    Doc

Dammit Jim, I'm a Tuba Player, Not a .....!!!!!!

It's just that the RPG group that I was with before, no longer holds my interest. They have not gone outside NWoD for a good long time. And I am looking to return to my trek roots. I just haven't found one here in San Diego. So I turn to those who I have called friends here for salvation.

OK, got a lvl 70 now, working my way to 80 in WoW. However, I am still looking for a forum RPG, preferably here, if anyone is interested.

I am still interested. Besides the bandwidth issue back then, I could more or less copy my previous post in this thread as is.

Preferable would be to get the campaign, that we did create characters for, get off the ground. But that depends on if things have lightened up for Sea Tyger, and he's still up for running it.

Second option would be if we could manage to get 3-4 to co-narrating, so if one lacks time or have an ebb of ideas, the game still will be able to run. Not sure if such narrator group is possible to keep together, as the ideas might be to different. Might also require to plan the series in a bit of different fashion, so not sure if it would help Sea Tyger if there is anyone who would volunteer to co-narrating with him.

Personally, I am not that interested in any of the wars in Trek. I don't mind war settings generally, but in Trek they don't hold my interest for long. But if that is what everyone else wants to go with, I am will definitely consider to create a character and join in.

I do have an old series idea, that I have been itching to run since the group who where supposed to play it fell apart. But as I have not even participated in a forum game, I am not sure how some of my more specific ideas would translate. I would definitely need at least one co-narrator if I where to run anything. The idea in short, Wolf359 wiped out about every combat ready ship that where in the vicinity of sector 001. To not give any opportunity to the neighbours, old enemies or almost friends, ships with experienced crews are drawn back to fill in the gap. Some old ships are recommissioned and sent out, with mainly inexperienced crews, to replace those called back. The pc's will be in command of one of those old ships, sent on a one year mission to patrol and survey in the frontier sectors.

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    My writing schedule it picking up, so I need to minimize my game running; that said, I wouldn't mind playing in a forum-based CODA game.
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Tyger View Post
    My writing schedule it picking up, so I need to minimize my game running; that said, I wouldn't mind playing in a forum-based CODA game.
    So that game is shelved for now. Pity. On the other hand, I take it that your writing schedule is picking up out of a positive reason?

I have both ICON and CODA, so it doesn't matter to me which system is used if I participate, and I also can consider other systems as well. Setting and type of "storytelling" is more important to me.

If running something myself, I would probably go with a "work-in-progress home brew system," and use systems available to the players as references when explaining how something works rule wise. A drawback is that some of my old notes have gone missing, so I would need to recreate those.

JALU3, if being able to pick and chose, what would you prefer, running a game or participating? And if running, do you have a rough idea of what type of setting?

Been playing around a bit more with the idea of co-GM's. But not sure how many that would be interested in assisting in that way. But I mainly see two types of co-gm's.
    First off, co-GM's that are involved in the series the whole time, perhaps being responsible for a "several episodes" story arc, and perhaps has one or more key NPC as an almost PC.
    Then secondly, we have the guest GM, running a short story arc that fits the setting and the player group. In the same way, someone might want to jump in temporary as a player for just one story arc (almost sort of a player controlled NPC).

I know that my game setting would benefit of co-GM's, and I will also consider co-GMing in someone else's game.

First let me say \o/
    The idea has a pulse.
    Now, back to business.
    I am up for playing or GMing, of course GMing will require more time, but I have that right now. For now, at probably until July. I only own ICON books, but maybe willing to buy CODA, but it would mean I would have to learn an entire new system, which would be bad for GMing. One would want someone who is experienced in it so that the rules don't get all messed up and effecting outcomes.
    If I were to GM, I would be looking at DW, Post-DW frame, or maybe even Pre-TNG during the Cardassian-Federation Conflict period. The reason for this is that I think it would be interesting playing a COIN game, Asymmetric warfare campaign. I know it maybe politically charged, but maybe less so then a couple years ago, and it would be interesting to see how Starfleet would handle the post-conflict "war" halfway across the galaxy... or against a religious fanatic group in a intersteller setting. Just one of many ideas.
    Of course there is the classic, cold war, what if it went hot classic alternative universe campaign ideas.
    Or even Federation Civil War
    Or Federation network infultration campaign.

OK, I am not looking for a standard starship game. I would like to do the last 12-6 months of the DW, (please do not read spoiler if you want to play)

transitioning to the post-DW turmoil/reconstruction.
    Although it is not OIF/OEF-A, I am more looking for say Post WW-II Malay, or Post-WWII Dutch Indochina . . . competing local powers, competing belief structures, a former colonial power no longer interested or capable of administering a distant territory. All this with disinterested/self-interested second/third party allies of the former colonial power, or maybe enemies. I don't think that I should say more. I think it is OK to say that much . . .

I could use some help with writing this up, as I have only GMed two star trek games.

In your general idea, what type of game will it be? Are we talking action oriented, focused on the battles fought in DW, or is the war more of a backdrop? Will the characters be main players in the epic struggle against the Dominion, or will they be a bunch of anybodies, only affecting the lives of a few thousands on some world no one bother to remember the name of?