Thread: Jaynz #4 - September 2006

Jaynz #4 - September 2006

A little late in the month, due to a myriad of other projects, but I'm happy to finally have this up for everyone! This installment is a bit more 'random', with the Detroyat, Ortega, K Series Starbase, and a couple of transport pods... something for everyone.

Omanieh Class Transports
    Nelson Class Scout
    Detroyat Class (Uprated) Heavy Destroyer
    Donvan Class Scout
    Ortega Class Heavy Destroyer
    K-Series Starbase
    Bulk Transport Container
    Liquids Transport Container
    Photon Torpedo - MK III

http://www.pixelsagas.com/library/files/Jaynz_4.pdf

Requests?

Vanguard, do you take requests?

If so, in the next issue of Jaynz, could you present your treatment of TOS-era shuttlecraft? I saw these in some of your web publications, and was quite impressed. Also, I noticed that you upped the standard shuttlecraft in size a little. To demonstrate that fact, is there any way you could include a human-sized character silhouette in one of your illustrations to establish scale.

Nice, nice work all around.

Thumbs up

Yep, nice work as usual. I print out copies of these clandestinely (at work, because my home printer doesn't make double-sided pages), and keep them on the shelves as reference.

My trekkie lady likes them even better than the old Franz Joseph stuff.

Keep 'em coming!
    "It's hard being an evil genius when everybody else is so stupid" -- Quantum Crook

Quote Originally Posted by First of Two
    my home printer doesn't make double-sided pages
    O___ o?
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Well, it doesn't! It's a crappy old Lexmark printer/copier/scanner.

Oh, I suppose I could get it to print on two sides, if I printed alternate pages, and flipped them and printed on the other side, but that's such a pain in the butt when I can just click on my work computer after everybody else has gone home and get the thing done in a few seconds.
    "It's hard being an evil genius when everybody else is so stupid" -- Quantum Crook

Quote Originally Posted by CJBeiting
    Vanguard, do you take requests?
    Generally I do, if I don't have anything planned out yet. Right now I've only got about 1/2 of Jaynz #5 planned out (though one piece is a doozy), so adding a couple of shuttlecraft shouldn't be a big deal.

Also, I noticed that you upped the standard shuttlecraft in size a little. To demonstrate that fact, is there any way you could include a human-sized character silhouette in one of your illustrations to establish scale.
    It uses the FJ dimensions, which is slightly larger to accomodate the interior shots. I might use the new FRS design for the shuttlecraft now, since it's a happier medium, but I haven't decided just yet.

Good news on the next issue of Jaynz--I'll look forward to it.

And I have to ask, Vangard, your website notes that a lot of the SFB designs you did have been taken down because of a project you're working on. There, uhhh, wouldn't be any _connection_ between this project and the upcoming Prime Directive "Federation" supplement from ADB, would there? Of course, say nothing if you can't, but I do hope the answer is positive. When I first saw your designs, I though of how much the use of them would help out the graphics in ADB's Prime Directive products. Roleplayers are such a picky lot these days, wanting _art_ in their supplements and such. . . .

Quote Originally Posted by CJBeiting
    And I have to ask, Vangard, your website notes that a lot of the SFB designs you did have been taken down because of a project you're working on. There, uhhh, wouldn't be any _connection_ between this project and the upcoming Prime Directive "Federation" supplement from ADB, would there?
    Not with that book, no.

Hm... "Master Starship Book?"

That would have extremities of coolness.