Thread: other srm's

other srm's

there's a truckload of breen ships in the dominion wars book( not to mention gorn,ferengi. orion,etc....) that have no stats. will this be happening ?

To the best of my knowledge, Steve is not doing any further SRMs. He does have a company to run, and products to write for that company, after all.

That doesn't stop anyone else from writing their own stats and SRMs , though.

If people put together some sort of consensus-SRM with the remaining ships, I'd be up for making it pretty...
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

What are we looking for, I've archived all the old designs on my PC. If any one has a request I'll look to see if it exists already.
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"

other srm's

there is an srm's worth of breen ships listed in the dominion wars book. i'm not aware of any ferengi other than "d'kora", no gorn. does any of these exist ?. i only recently discovered spacedock and have not read anythig yet beyond 2 srm's and part of the dominion wars book so i'm not exactly up on ship creation yet.

firekite, wow where to begin...

First there are a total of 5 SRM's Starfleet, Cardassian, Klongon, TOS, and now Romulan. The core book, plus some entries in the DWSB. There are a plithora of designs here in this forum. If you what to get your hands on the missing books there is a link in Owen E Oulton's sig line - Memeory Icon look around and then tell Mr. Oulton thank you for hosting it.

Searching the archives - I only see three Gorn, one Orion, a few Andorian, Tellerite, and Vulcan designs. I remember there being information of the Ferengi shuttles around someplace.
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"

Are there sufficient designs to create civilian vessels? Tugs . . . Container Ships . . . dueterium tankers . . . anti-matter transports . . . un-intellegent spacelife trawling ships . . . ferrys . . . cruise ships . . . independent research vessels . . . reclemation/recovery ships . . . pleasure craft? I am sure I am missing many vessels that one can find at sea, or within the littoral environs . . . but wouldn't certain counter parts exist?

And if not a list of pre-designed ships . . . rules how to create them . . . or a list of specialized equipment.

Oh . . . and what of spacecraft having to carry day shapes for anti-collision intersteller regulations . . . sorry refering to something I read regarding future unmanned recon vessels in a recent NWC publication. . . . and such things like that.

DeviantArt Slacker MAL Support US Servicemembers
    "The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One

Given that there's a fairly limited amount of civilian vessels seen in Trek (and given the economy of the Federation ¬___¬) I could see there being a relatively limited amount of basic spaceframe designs for civilian vessels, with different packages for their particular focus (passenger liner, colony transport, freighter, tanker).

As for the anti-collision charges... I'd imagine tugs would be more used for things like that (why blow something up when you can move it away?). I could see most inhabited systems having a small armada of tugs, flying along with passenger ships carrying repair crews, medical teams as well as charges if they needed to apply more force than a tractor could provide...
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

other srm's

sorry phoenix , after having looked over all of the srm's i now see the size of the "can of worms" i just opened . mr long i am amazed at your work. this is absolutly magnificent. i would love to see you create other srm's but you do have to pay your bills. i for one look forward to any future work in this area you choose to do.