Thread: Looking for some help with a research project

Looking for some help with a research project

Hi folks,

Sorry to be away for so long! Lack of gaming ( ) has meant I've not been watching the boards...

Anyway, I am currently studying to be a professional librarian, and working on my research dissertation, which brings me to the point of this message:

Is anyone willing to help me by filling out a simple email questionnaire?

I'm actually looking at the BBC's plans for their archive catalogues, in light of digital technology, the internet, and especially something called the Creative Archive, which will see a large volume of material being made available for free over the internet. The research revolves around how the archive is catalogued, who creates and maintains the entries and how to improve the current situation, given the increased output of late.

It strikes me that the C.A. is something that some of you might be interested in or even make use of, so what I'm wanting to ask questions about is whether people have used video archives before (including previous BBC or BFI efforts), how they would like to see such an operation work, what kind of information they would look for, and so forth. Nothing controversial, it's just a survey

You should be aware that because of the way the BBC is funded, the C.A. is planned to be restricted to British users only (although it is possible there will be a worldwide pay-per-view version later). Therefore, this survey is really only for British members - although anyone else who wants to chip in is welcome to do so.

If you're interested, please email me directly (research@intermundia.co.uk), and I will be in touch. It'll need to be a quick turnaround, as I hand in at the end the month!

Thanks for your time, and your help,

Jon Crew

My apologies to anyone who emailed me and didn't get a response. I've just discovered that my ISP had an email fault around the time I posted this - this may have resulted in a lot of lost email to the research address.

If you're still interested in taking part, please try again - the fault is supposedly fixed now! The only thing is, responses have to be back by Sunday evening or I won't be able to use them!

Jon
    Jon

"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea is asleep and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song.
    Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do."
    THE DOCTOR, "Survival" (Doctor Who)