Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No Pictures in SRM's

No Pictures in SRM's

None of the SRM's show what the ships look like. Is anyone working on fixing this little over sight? It would be nice to see what the ships look like form the dorsal, side, etc.

A lot of the pictures that you are talking about are copyrighted. The question is how many pictures can you place in the publication, and still be safe under the fair use clause?

DeviantArt Slacker MAL Support US Servicemembers
    "The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One

Also the issue of non-canon designs tend to vary in appearance.

Just a thought, maybe we could talk to TFVanguard and have him add his wonderful work?
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"

I've been working on some Romulan designs on-and-off...
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix
    Just a thought, maybe we could talk to TFVanguard and have him add his wonderful work?
    I would be willing if Steve Long's cool with it. Remember, this would mean redoing and altering his original documents. (Which I can do... but I don't want to do it without his permission.)

Quote Originally Posted by TFVanguard
    I would be willing if Steve Long's cool with it. Remember, this would mean redoing and altering his original documents. (Which I can do... but I don't want to do it without his permission.)
    An alternative would be to create a separate document that just presents each of the schematics in the same order they appear in the SRM. Since the pdf means we don't need unity of the document for all information, I'm sure this would work out better...
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

To quote Sean Connery: "Yes... YES!"
    "It's hard being an evil genius when everybody else is so stupid" -- Quantum Crook

I was also kind of thinking of a fold-out section like to old FASA SRM's. That way we have the scale to eachother.
    Phoenix...

but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

But then again, there are alot of webresources for a great portion of the vessels. Only a few are missing images to go along with the written work.

DeviantArt Slacker MAL Support US Servicemembers
    "The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One

True, but they lack consistence. In style, quality, and design. If we use a uniform art style of high quality and a constant design concept It would look a lot better.
    Phoenix...

If someone is prepared to do it it would look much better if they had pics. Yes there are images available, but it's not the same as they aren't laid out on a page, and don't match. That could be one hell of a project for someone though! EEK
    Ta Muchly

I am mostly intrested in the non cannon design ships. Altough to have all in a doc would be cool.

Hi folx! Sorry I've been absent for so long, but Real Life is keeping me busy, and it doesn't look as if that situation will change anytime soon.

Some points to consider:

1. There are no illustrations of the non-canonical vessels, except where I found concept art for the show in a magazine or other resource and used it as inspiration. (And offhand, several years after the fact, I'd be hard-pressed to say exactly which ships those are.) Most of the ships would have to be drawn from scratch. I have no objection to someone doing this, but it's a lot of work.

2. I'd just as soon the documents not be altered to include any images, particularly copyrighted ones. Paramount seems pretty understanding about that sort of thing, but as a publisher myself I'd just as soon not do that.

3. The idea of a separate document with images sounds like a good one to me, though again a lot of work for someone (or several someones).

I hope all your Trek gaming is going well.
    Steve Long
    HERO System Line Developer

sequoia class

i found the picture of the niagara class in the book price of freedom fit very well to the sequoia class.

the picture is wrong for the niagara class but is very close from SMR 1 description

http://steve.pugh.net/fleet/images/LUG_niagara.jpg

for niagara class i prefer use this pic : http://steve.pugh.net/fleet/images/F..._starboard.jpg

@+
    kalamaro, le poulpe du net

Well, the 2nd pic has the advantage of actually being the Niagara that appeared onscreen. There's enough unidentified Starfleet ship designs that they could probably fill in visuals all the mentioned names without too much difficulty. Things like the Klingon and Romulan SRMs would be more... complicated...