Thread: Anybody going to BotCon?

Anybody going to BotCon?

Hey, anybody going to BotCon?

I'm trying to get my hands on an exclusive before the prices become astronomical.
    "It's hard being an evil genius when everybody else is so stupid" -- Quantum Crook

Not going, but I think I heard that the exclusive this year was the "Beast Wars" Maximal main characters in their 'pre-beast mode' (and, with similar yet not animal related, names), so Rattrap is a motorcycle called RAttletrap, etc.

I think that's what Toyfare said. I may be wrong.

Yeah, that's what's on the official botcon site, pre-beast figures.

I want the Optimus Primal. My goal is to have one of every model of Prime/Primal out there (not recolors or anything, just designs.)

Right now I have 21. With Classics Prime and Titanium War Within Prime on order.

All I'm missing (besides Pre-Beast Wars) are GoBot Prime, and a couple of the Japanese-only versions (Lio Convoy and Star Convoy.) As far as I know.

And 2007 Movie Prime, assuming one comes out...
    "It's hard being an evil genius when everybody else is so stupid" -- Quantum Crook

Quote Originally Posted by First of Two
    And 2007 Movie Prime, assuming one comes out...
    [Sarcasm]Right...they won't be interested in making ANY toys from the biggest movie of '07[/Sarcasm]

did i get the Sarcasm tags right??

Well, having looked at the images supposedly from the new movie, it seems to me that they'd be hard-pressed to come out with a transformable version of THAT prime. They;ll probably surprise me, though.

Feh, Pre-Beast Primal is going for anywhere from $60 (which I'd pay) - with three auction days remaining - to $124 (which I can't) on eBay.

I hate exclusivity. It doesn't make the company any more money, and it drives up the price for the end-user.

BBTS has the full set for $250.

Update:

I got my Pre-Beast Optimus Primal! YAY!

AND Star Convoy! WIIGII!