Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Prime Directive RPG

Sounds way, way cool. I have always liked SFB, though mostly as a war game. I have never played PD, and for that matter, it has been a lot of years since my last SFB combat session.

(wistfully) I wonder if ADB would be interested in my Romulan language and culture?

------------------
    Slan agat!

Arrow

Well, by "Open Source" I mean to allow an outside third-party company to cash in on the GURP system, without actually being hired by Steve Jackson Games, nor pay one red cent for the use of Steve Jackson Games' trademark (except perhaps to abide certain terms).

While this may not be "Open Source" per se, it would be nice to have another company besides Steve Jackson Games to publish GURP supplements.

------------------
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

[This message has been edited by REG (edited 09-05-2001).]

Tonyg, thanx for the data. That's much more than I had before.
    I have a few specific questions now, for anyone who can answer them.
    The current ST:Magazine has an article on the new Starfleet Command:Orion Pirates. It doesn't go much into detail, though. (It's basicly a 4-page ad for the game, not that I mind that at all )
    There is a sidebar that lists the "Eight Cartels" in the game, along with a graphic for each. Stunningly, each also has below it the name of one of eight factions from the main game: Federation, Klingon, etc. In some cases, this indicates clear alliances (the "Klingon" Crimson Shadow is in fact a rogue Klingon House), but in others it seems to just describe who's technology they're using. But I'm not sure.

The "Primary Faction" is the Orion Pirates, and it says "Federation" under them. Given what you said about the Orions being part of the Federation, this makes sense.

The Crimson Shadow operates "in the Klingon area of space (and) is a combination of a criminal cartel and a rogue Klingon house."

The Tigerheart is "an all female cartel". However, it says "Lyran" under them. Their symbol is a tiger-like head superimposed on a cat-like claw.
    Are they supposed to be female Lyrans?

Prime Industries is describes as "business-like" and "yuppie". It says "Romulan" for them. Are they Romulans?

The Syndicate says Gorn, but the interview text describes them as "survivors from the Gorn attack on the Cestus III colony .... with Yakuza connections."

Also listed by not described are:
    Wyldefire (Interstellar Concordium)
    Camboro (Mirak)
    Beast Raiders (Hydran)

Do you know anything about the ISC or Mirak?

------------------
    You're a Starfleet Officer. "Weird" is part of the job.

While I don't have the Oprion Pirates supplment yet. I can shed some light on the ISC.

THE ISC, or INTERSTELLAR CONCORDIUM is another POWER form Star Fleet Battles. Esseinatially, they are a group from distant space, similar is goals and attitude to the Federation, with a bit of a twist. The ISC wants to have peace, and considers the various faction in SFB to be unstable and dangerous. The wind up starting a war against everyone else. The ISC has some usnusual tech, and are a bit more advanced that the other TREK cultures. What makes them interesting is that they arn't agressive, just a little paranoid. Also, to some desgree, they are correct. The SFB universe does have an new conflict right around every corner (SFB is a wargame). The ISC would probably settle down if the other powers did.

[This message has been edited by tonyg (edited 09-05-2001).]

Alright... It's been a while since I'd heard anything about the Prime Directive RPG , so I thought I'd bump this to the top and ask away:

Has anyone heard any info? I've looked around for an official website and have yet to come up with anything...
    I don't care if you're a scientist or the captain of a garbage scow assigned to Ruh'ra Pente- you don't wait until your shields are mostly gone to start shooting back. If your enemy has already started hurling subatomic death at you, descression has ceased to be the better part of valor!

Originally posted by Flamestrike
    Alright... It's been a while since I'd heard anything about the Prime Directive RPG , so I thought I'd bump this to the top and ask away:

Has anyone heard any info? I've looked around for an official website and have yet to come up with anything...
    Well, you should be seeing the product soon. Last I heard, end of October was the deadline date, and those involved were working pretty furiously to get the project done.

So, early November is my best guess. Not too much longer now.

Paxton

Originally posted by Cochrane
    http://www.starfleetgames.com/

Thanks for the site.... Now I just wish that they had some info on Pime Directive...
    I don't care if you're a scientist or the captain of a garbage scow assigned to Ruh'ra Pente- you don't wait until your shields are mostly gone to start shooting back. If your enemy has already started hurling subatomic death at you, descression has ceased to be the better part of valor!

try the forum.