Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FASA Trek Product Available Again -- Briefly

This is from memory and does not include "choose your own adventure books" and miniatures.

- Doctor Who Boxed RPG (Two Printings, no real difference in content, but different covers for the books)
    - The Daleks Sourcebooks (players and GM, packaged together)
    - The Master Sourcebooks (players and GM, packaged together)
    The Cybermen Sourcebooks (players and GM, packaged together)
    - The Iytean Menace
    - The Lords of Destiny
    - Countdown
    - The Hartlewick Horror
    - Legions of Death
    - City of Gold
    - The Warrior's Code

------------------
    U.S.S. Icarus

Try lots of keywords.
    Unsing "Star Trek", all I got was the Star Trek Next Generation First Year Sourcebook, Star Trek Next Generation Officer's Manual, Star Trek Next Generation Officer's Manual, Star Trek IV Sourcebook Update, Star Trek The Role Playing Game, Star Trek RPG Basic Game.

However, using "federation" I found the Federation Ship Recognition Guide.

I'm going to keep looking. Anyone else know good keywords?

------------------
    You're a Starfleet Officer. "Weird" is part of the job.

"Ship" called up a Gorn Battleship.
    No hits for "Enterprise", "Spock", or "Kirk".

How did you find the ship minis, Dan?

------------------

"Romulan" got me the Graceful Flyer, But "Klingon" got me Klingon with Disruptor Rifle, Klingon D-10, Klingon K-23, Klingon L-9, Klingon L-24

Damn. I wanted the Klingon Sourcebook.

------------------

Okay, I found the stuff.
    Up at the top, there's a link to view your cart. If you click it, you go to another part of the site, where every page has a pulldown menu of their products. (the window says "Battletech" in it because it is at the top of the list.) Scroll down to "GGG Star Trek" to find the goodies.
    A USS Reliant. Dr.McCoy. Trader Princes and Merchant Captains! I'm a fairly happy boy! (Still wish I had that Klingon book again.)

------------------

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dan Stack:
    - Doctor Who Boxed RPG (Two Printings, no real difference in content, but different covers for the books)
    - The Daleks Sourcebooks (players and GM, packaged together)
    - The Master Sourcebooks (players and GM, packaged together)
    The Cybermen Sourcebooks (players and GM, packaged together)
    - The Iytean Menace
    - The Lords of Destiny
    - Countdown
    - The Hartlewick Horror
    - Legions of Death
    - City of Gold
    - The Warrior's Code
    </font>
    I didn't realize the CIA books were bundled with the manuals. Interesting. Anywho, I can add a little to the above:

There were actually three printings, although no knew rules were introduced in latter printings. First edition had an artwork boxcover and the books were white. Second printing switched to a photo cover and fake leather looking books. Third printing had the same box cover as 2nd, but the books were chenged to a very nice fake parchment. The only difference between first and latter printings was the removal of all photos of Colin Baker (legal dispute when he got fired). Text was the same. One other interesting note: the very first few releases of the game actually included the Dalek & Master CIA extract file manuals in the box, although they were never listed that way. Nice bonus for an early buyer. There were also two more supplements in addition to those listed above, although one was probably never released. The one that was released, but only had a few shipments go out before the license was lost was a new sourcebook called The Sontarans. Item #9104. A friend of mine actually saw one of the impossible to find copies once right as it was released. The second item was a module called "Sands of Terror" (item #9208), but I'm certain it never hit the shelves. One other item of interest is the "other" Doctor Who roleplaying game. It's a book (nothing else was ever released for it) called Timelord. UK printings only. Not too hard to find. You can probably pick up a copy on eBay for 5-10 bucks. There is a website for it that has tons of materials and adventures (free) as well as a downloadable form of the book, also for free. This game was released about 4 years after FASA lost the license. It's pretty good, but character generation is almost non-existent, with the rules heavily suggesting you run an existing character fromt the Doctor Who universe (and EVERYONE was listed in the book, including cool penciled artwork). Worth getting.

------------------
    Save the whales. Collect the whole set!!!

Timelord is available online:
    http://www.tardis.ed.ac.uk/~type40/who-rpg.html

A neat little game. If I were running a Dr. Who game for a con, I'd probably use it, though the FASA one is probably better for a campaign.

That webpage has a few semi-official companion works to it.

The FASA game was also scheduled to have a Gallifrey supplement, though I know that never amounted to anything.

As an aside, I loved Doctor Who - it was perfect for someone with fickle tastes like me.

[This message has been edited by Dan Stack (edited 08-21-2001).]

Question

Whoo hoo! I've got a first printing! What's that worth?

------------------

It's good to have Star Trek buddies! Thanks everyone!

I was able to pick up a few ship minatures, the boxed RPG (the one signed by James Doohan is still available), and the Star Trek IV update.

It makes me sad I ever threw out this stuff in the first place. When see how much use I get out of the stuff I have from e-bay, I sniffle a bit at my loss!

My wife has even relented when she saw me tearing up with joy; she has graciously given me another inch or two of closet space to safely secure my new finds!

Smile

Oh Rapture, my stuff has arrived and the condition is more than fine. The Simulator's shrink wrap was loose but otherwise the box was fine, the Triangle had the hanging card that was placed in the center backwards and the two other books showed signs of being criped in the put together stage of printing. in Other words this is the otherwise usable but rejected for minor defect stuff usually given away for various reasons or used for spare parts.

I ordered the ST RPG (the $30 one), Trader Captains and Merchant Princes, The Fed Ship Recog. Manual, and the Triangle supplement. Recieved all but the last one. Rats

Small concern:
    I ordered Trader Captains and Merchant Princes at 9:13 on the 22nd, and paid extra for Priority Mail delivery. This would go out in the mail on the 23rd, and arrive on the 24th or 25th. The 25th was a sunday, so that would be the 26th instead.
    It is now the 28th, and still no product.
    I emailed FASA at 3pm yesterday, and still no reply.
    I would not be so upset if I hadn't specifically paid extra for fast service. I know some people out there are already holding their product, so ..
    Is my experience an isolated case?

------------------

I didn't order mine Priority Mail and it arrived late last week. Got the TNG Manual (just to be able to look at it and see what FASA speculated on) and the Core Box Set.

I think I'm the poor sap that paid $45 for the Triangle books.

I got the Romulon War book as well.

Mike

------------------
    "Only Nixon can go to China" Spock

Well I ordered the SRM and am patiently waiting, but then I am in Canada, so it could come any year now