Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FASA Trek Product Available Again -- Briefly

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by spyone:
    Small concern:
    I ordered Trader Captains and Merchant Princes at 9:13 on the 22nd, and paid extra for Priority Mail delivery. This would go out in the mail on the 23rd, and arrive on the 24th or 25th. The 25th was a sunday, so that would be the 26th instead.
    It is now the 28th, and still no product.
    I emailed FASA at 3pm yesterday, and still no reply.
    I would not be so upset if I hadn't specifically paid extra for fast service. I know some people out there are already holding their product, so ..
    Is my experience an isolated case?
    </font>
    Well, it may be that they ran out. "Supplies are limited" and all that.

Don,

Since you have all the FASA products, maybe you might know the asnwer to a question that has been puzzling me for a while- Did FASA ever print the Sontaran Sourcebook for Doctor Who? I've heard several people claim that they did, but never was able to find it.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dan Stack:
    While I actually have all the Trek stuff they still have available (and I passed on getting 2nds for the benefit of those who have none), it was a very odd feeling at last ordering that missing Doctor Who adventure that I never was able to find (The Warrior's Code). </font>
    Dan, I've got a copy of Warrior's Code. Since you live in Mass, I could loan it to you if you'd like. AThe scenario is set during the time of Ieysu Tokugawa.

Question

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by tonyg:
    Don,
    Since you have all the FASA products, maybe you might know the asnwer to a question that has been puzzling me for a while- Did FASA ever print the Sontaran Sourcebook for Doctor Who? I've heard several people claim that they did, but never was able to find it.
    </font>
    I have all the FASA Star Trek products, not Dr. Who—I’m missing a number of the Dr. Who stuff.

However, I do believe the Sontaran sourcebook did get printed. Something in the back of my mind makes me remember something about it (maybe even seeing it). I certainly could be wrong, however.

Sorry.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Don (edited 08-30-2001).]

Bummer, FASA ran out of Warrior's Code and all I got was my new, mint copy of the RPG. Still, it's nice to have a copy that isn't falling apart.

Tony, I might take you up on that offer at some point.

With regard to sourcebooks, I have heard numerous rumors that the Sontarans wasn't distributed, but was available at a GenCon or something like that. In other words it's out there, but not a whole lot of them are. (Hmmm, sounds like a game we know begining with D, ending in E, and has an UN in the middle...) Don't know if it's true or not.

There was supposed to be a Gallifrey sourcebook, but I'm 99.999999% sure that never made it beyond the "coming soon stage". Kinda like Operation: Armageddon, which was always "Coming Soon"

Lightbulb

Rumours at the time indicated that the Beeb didn't like the Gallifrey book so they pulled the licence.

Of course I'd take that with a big pinch of salt.

There was never a Sontarran book either, as far as I know.

------------------
    Greg

"Calm may work for Locutus of Borg here, but I'm freaked and intend to stay that way."
    Xander, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Prophecy Girl.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by C. Huth:
    Well, it may be that they ran out. "Supplies are limited" and all that.</font>
    Then they should have declined my order, or at least sent me a message, I think.

for the record, it's been over a week and nothing yet. I'll be sure to post when I get my product.
    I'll also post if FASA responds to any of my emails.

------------------
    You're a Starfleet Officer. "Weird" is part of the job.

Thanks everyone for the feedback on thr Sontarran Sorucebook. Didn't clear anything up, but thanks nonethless.

Dan,

Let me know if you want to borrow it. Considering out proximity, I'm confident something could be arranged.

I could also give you some information on it (plot, setting, villians, etc.) if you are looking for something such as stats for a particular Companion or some such.

As promised, I'm posting.

The book is in my hand.
    It was postmarked the 29th,

I sent FASA an email telling them so, and telling them not to bother replying to my earlier emails.

I'm going away to read, now.

------------------
    You're a Starfleet Officer. "Weird" is part of the job.

Question

Did anybody find the S&H rates for Canada through these guys? I've searched and searched, but could only find a tax-charge (if you live in Il.).

------------------
    ...and that's about the time it hit the fan...