Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Awfully quiet around here

Awfully quiet around here

Well I am back out of the army ....(it all about managaing your 15 hour days). It is awfully quiet around here
    the roads goes ever on..... so buy a volvo!

"don't tell the elf"-Gimili at the Hornburg LOTR TTT

What about second breakfast?- Pippin, LOTR FOTR

"My precious"- my treo 700 phone/PDA

Game's largely dead. There are some posters still on Decipher's LOTR RPG forums.

It's not dead unless we allow it to die! There is still the Hall of Fame and at least I for my part am preparing a chronicle to run with my friends over the winter months.

@Faenorgil: Welcome back

My Star Trek and Lord of the Rings games are still going strong with the CODA system and I will remain with it until I cannot find anymore players. You are welcome to come hang out on our boards if you want (see my signature below).

I agree Cut - the game isn't dead as long as we play it. Besides, I think Decipher gave us just about enough to run a solid game (though I would loved to have had the Minstrel's and Warrior's sourcebooks).

Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
    Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦○○] Dmg 9/11 | Edge 8 | Injury 16/18
    Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane, Foe-slaying
    Shadow bane, Skirmisher

Speaking of which when is the rest of the stuff going to drive through RPG

So what happened to all the follow on books. decipher jut through it all away or what. The games were solid... magic system better than the d20 junk. Hall of fire is the bomb! I mised you guys...anyway so has the fan base just melted away ... or is it just a lull?

For it to be a lull, you'd have to have future products coming out. I'm 99% certain that we'll never see another LOTR RPG product from Decipher.

OH FUDGE! How disappointing

On the positive side (in a wierd sort of way), things have been sort of DOA sytem-wise around here for a long time (way back to last couple of years or so of LUG-Trek).

Considering that the RPG publishing history of Last Unicorn and Decipher have had enough ups and downs to make a manic-despprive seasick, it is surprising that this forum is still active, and how many of the orginal posters and still around. JUsat not as often as us/they used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyg
    On the positive side (in a wierd sort of way), things have been sort of DOA sytem-wise around here for a long time (way back to last couple of years or so of LUG-Trek).

Considering that the RPG publishing history of Last Unicorn and Decipher have had enough ups and downs to make a manic-despprive seasick, it is surprising that this forum is still active, and how many of the orginal posters and still around. JUsat not as often as us/they used to be.
    You're right of course, and I get the gist of what you where saying, but I'm not familiar with the abbriviation DOA. Would you mind helping me learn the meaning of this one, please? :-)

DOA means Dead On Arrival. It describes accident victims who are already dead when they're unloaded from the ambulance at the hospital.
    + &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;<

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. Psalm 144:1

Sarge beat me to an explaination of DOA. In the contest of TREkRPG, I meant that things have been are a lot quiter around here than in the "good ol' days" when the games supported on TREKRPG were in turn supported by an RPG company.

With CODA in RPG limbo, and the last offical release close a a year old (in PDF) or something like 3 years old in hardcopy finding a new topic to get people chatting is a Challenging (TN 10 in ICON, TN 15 in CODA) task.

Thanks guys. As I said, I understood well enough what it meant, just wanted to make sure what it meant exactly, or word for word. Anyway I have now remembered where I have heard it before: It's part of the song lyrics from the Friends tv show theme I'll be there for you. Thanks again. I sometimes feel dumb asking these questions here, but usualy I get a friendly answer here on short notice Sorry for having deviated this thread though...

cut there is never a dumb question only dumb people who don't ask them

Quote Originally Posted by Feanorgil
    cut there is never a dumb question only dumb people who don't ask them
    Thanks, Faenorgil. I guess

Take it as a compliment