Thread: How many advancements do you need?

How many advancements do you need?

Hey guys!

It's been 2 years since my last post. My gaming group has decided they would like to do Sci-Fi again. Choices were Traveler, B5, and some others. I told them I would like to try Star Trek again. They agreed.

So here's my question.
    My players are going to make up the bridge crew. I am going to have an NPC Captain for a bit till I see how they do. I want to make one of the players the First Officer. How many advancements do you think it would take to get him to the Rank of Commander? I know you can do it rather quickly, but doing some research, alot of Cannon characters take 10+ years to get to the position. I don't think it took James Kirk more than 8 years.

So what do you guys think?

How many advancements should a Commander and First Officer have?

Stule

P.S.
    My original post said Tours. I meant Advancements. Sorry, it's been along itme since I have played. I was thinking 10 Advancements would be good for a Commander.
    Last edited by stule; 10-29-2006 at 08:57 PM.
    If Matt Damon is going to be Captain Kirk, does that mean Ben Affleck is gonna be Mr. Spock?

Quote Originally Posted by stule
    So what do you guys think?

How many advancements should a Commander and First Officer have?
    There have been threads on this subject before. This post I made back in 2002 gives the breakdown I use.

Ironically enough, I was trying to recreate this for my latest Trek game when you posted this and I decided to dig the figures up... So, thanks!

P.S.
    My original post said Tours. I meant Advancements. Sorry, it's been along itme since I have played. I was thinking 10 Advancements would be good for a Commander.
    Yeah, I fixed that for you.
    Former Decipher RPG Net Rep

"Doug, at the keyboard, his fingers bleeding" (with thanks to Moriarti)

In D&D3E, Abyssal is not the language of evil vacuum cleaners.

Thanks!!!

Much appreciated!

Stule
    If Matt Damon is going to be Captain Kirk, does that mean Ben Affleck is gonna be Mr. Spock?