Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heroes Theories/Spoliers

Heroes Theories/Spoliers

Ok, here is our chance to discuss whats going on on Heroes:

So, now we know where the nuke that hits NY comes from.

I think I know why Claire is in danger:

If Syler is 'stealing powers', he's going to steal the 'nuclear redneck' s power and then will seek Claire's power so he will survive his own nuclear detonation.

Quote Originally Posted by Tricky
    I think I know why Claire is in danger:

The nuclear redneck's being Nikki the internet stripper???
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

No, in Monday's episode, they had a guy with radiation powers (he burned his wife's doctor with radiation, his house looks like a Nuke test site and his wife died of serious cancer. Don't remember his name, but he is soooo not Nikki

besides, Nikki is sooo not redneck. I shlould know. I live amongst the Red.

Ah. Didn't get around to see the 11/06 episode (now on tape -- always videotape my favorites). So we got a new "hero" introduced? Interesting.

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

So, it appears that we are heading for 'endgame'.

Things that are discovered on 11/13's episode:

Claire's dad:

knows of Sylar, and want to stop him.

Eden:

Apparently can influence people's decisions

Claire's parents:

were apparenlty killed when "Mr. Bennet" (her dad) tried to come after them; adopted her.

I liked the waitress character; just the kinda power I'd want (if shapeshifting wasn't available).

Can Hiro save her?

Tricky's crazy thought:

What if the 'Save the cheerleader' stuff future Hiro said isn't a warning to save Claire, but for Hiro to not alter the timestream? I mean the potential danger of a temporal rift makes a nuke in NY look tame.

Well my days off have switched from MON-TUE to THU-FRI . . . this means that I no longer get to watch Heroes . . . but now I can start watchin BSG again . . . we got a VCR to record it . . . but it doesn't work well with the new Digital Cable . . . feed . . . I guess TiVo or some other recording thingy has got me?

DeviantArt Slacker MAL Support US Servicemembers
    "The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One

Quote Originally Posted by JALU3
    Well my days off have switched from MON-TUE to THU-FRI . . . this means that I no longer get to watch Heroes . . . but now I can start watchin BSG again . . . we got a VCR to record it . . . but it doesn't work well with the new Digital Cable . . . feed . . . I guess TiVo or some other recording thingy has got me?
    The Sci-Fi channels show Heroes at 7 PM Friday. The good part of USA Networks, Inc. being owned by NBC Universal.
    Member, TrekRPGnet Development Team | OD&D Guild - The Guild for Original (Classic) D&D | FlintGamers |Free Web Hosting

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by spshu
    The Sci-Fi channels show Heroes at 7 PM Friday. The good part of USA Networks, Inc. being owned by NBC Universal.
    Hey!

How come Heroes gets to be on SCI-FI but NBC won't air BSG?!?!!

*waves a four-foot broom handle*

That peacock is going to get so screwed!

-- Monte Cook

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

I thought there was some chance they were.

Or was that MOVE BSG to NBC.

That would make me say WTF!

IMHO

lol

jk

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Tricky
    Or was that MOVE BSG to NBC.
    I don't want them to move. I just want them to re-air the past season's episodes on NBC during summertime ... for us cheap SOB who won't order capitalist tool: cable.

-- Monte Cook

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

Well, last nights episode was great; too bad the ending was just a lead in for the mid season break.

But the Sylar vs Claire and Peter fight was short but very nice. Peter, like Hiro, seems to have 'hero instincts'; ie. running TOWARDS his (possible) demise, rather than away from it.

Anyone get a good look at Sylar? (Tivo people I'm talkin to you!) We got a few quick glimpses, but that was it. (And for a second, I thought he was 'Mirror Peter', or Claire's boyfriend, but don't know.)

I'm back with an easter egg from last nights (1/22/07, Godsend) episode.

If you taped it, or if you Tivo'd it, or if you watch a rerun, Pay attention to Horned Rim Glasses (Claires Dad) business card.

There is a Phone number. (and a website!)

it works!! give it a call.

What? you didn't tape tivo or there isn't going to be a rerun? I guess you're just screwed, bub.

jk

here's the number. I don't have an access number....yet:

1-800-774-6216

enjoy!

Resurrecting this thread...

Is anybody still watching this show ? I quite enjoyed Season 1, even the last episode which few people apparently liked, but I'm much less impressed by Season 2 so far. Even though this week's episode anwered some questions I had and thought were just mistakes from the scenarists, I can't escape the feeling that the plot devices and even the plot itself are basically the same as season 1

Namely, the ubiquitous paintings showing cryptic glimpses of the future, and the forecast of a huge cataclysm - only this time it concerns all of the USA instead of NY, which leads me to wonder whether Season 3 will involve a worldwide cataclysm of some sorts. And we even now have the mandatory flashback episode to explain some of the whereabouts of the characters.

I know super heroes stories tend to revolve around the same storylines anyway, but I was expecting more variety from a series that I had found quite innovative so far.
    "The main difference between Trekkies and Manchester United fans is that Trekkies never trashed a train carriage. So why are the Trekkies the social outcasts?"
    Terry Pratchett

That makes a first.

Paris finishes a TV show before the UK. The BBC is airing this right now (and the current episodes are .07 and 5 years later...)

It did complete a run on Sci-Fi earlier but i dont get that so could not watch.

I am however enjoying it very, very much. Cant wait to see where its going, well, I can just about wait, otherwise I would have downloaded it or read spoilers or something. I am just hoping they keep up the quality without thinking their LOST or anything...
    DanG/Darth Gurden
    The Voice of Reason and Sith Lord

“Putting the FUNK! back into Dysfunctional!”

Coming soon. The USS Ganymede NCC-80107
    "Ad astrae per scientia" (To the stars through knowledge)

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gurden View Post
    That makes a first.

Paris finishes a TV show before the UK. The BBC is airing this right now (and the current episodes are .07 and 5 years later...)
    Actually, the first season was aired this summer in France in one of the major TV channels in the country (with a dubbing I'm not quite happy with and a reworked opening sequence I simply hate, but that is another point), and the second season episodes are currently downloadable from this channel's web site (not freely, of course!), with french subtitles.
    But to my knowledge, this is indeed a first, shows being usually aired in France one year or more after they are aired in the US (or the UK, in the case of Doctor Who).

I too loved the first season very much, but for some reason I can't get quite as much hooked for the second. Maybe it will change with the next episodes, as Tim Kring said those are supposed to be the best of the season.
    "The main difference between Trekkies and Manchester United fans is that Trekkies never trashed a train carriage. So why are the Trekkies the social outcasts?"
    Terry Pratchett