Thread: Back to FASA

Back to FASA

I am taking tenative steps to return to running the FASA Star Trek game after selling all my ICON stuff and deciding to shelve DecipherTrek for awhile. I am slightly handicapped by not having the ship combat game (and I would happily trade all of my GURPS Prime Directive books for a copy of the game - and I'd be happy with, say, the Star Trek III version rather than the Starship Combat Simulator Game..heck, for that matter a really good deal could get the Decipher stuff too...), but I shall persevere and do what GMs do...BS my way through if needed

The campaign, at my wife's suggestion, will be set aboard the U.S.S. STEPHEN HAWKING, an Oberth-class science ship. Her theory: no one will want to get into space combat in a "flying eggshell", and she prefers landing party missions anyway.

of course, I need a good adventure for this I have some outlines from my ICON days that I could rehab. The setting will be sometime after Star Trek VI on the expanding Federation frontier. I am not exactly using the FASA version of the Star Trek universe, but some elements of it may turn up anyway.

Allen

Well congratulations on returning to the tried and true FASA system. I have never run any of the other systems and am quite happy with that decision. As for rules and scenarios, I can offer my own website http://www.peracles-rpg.com for FASA scenarios and I know another website that will help the rules issue. If you send me a private message I will let you know about the second website.
    "For to win 100 victories in 100 battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill." Sun Tzu - The Art of War

Got a copy of the Deluxe edition of the Star Trek RPG 2nd edition with the Starship Combat Simulator Game off of eBay, so that part is at least somewhat taken care of. Now I gotta reaacquire some modules I would like to run and write a few others, but I am on my way

Allen

my login still works after 6 years

first i'm amazed that my login still works. I haven't logged in in about 6 years.

Mighty Joe is a friend of mine and has a yahoo group dedicated to his fasa campaigns here:

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/UFC465537/

Now that I think about it, Mighty Joe and I compiled a bunch of stuff and burned it to an html formatted CD (like a mini website on disk). It contains fan created material, old interviews, scanned people counters, star maps, small apps, and an archived version of Dan Stack's complete FASA website- the first FASA site ever. (Dan sent the file to me). Some other friends sent material to me as well, and they are credited on the CD. I keep it at home and haven't put it online since it was for personal use. If I find it, is it a copyright infringement if i give it away to someone?

Pericles, I'm interested in the other website. My email is:

justinmartyr1 [at] yahoo dot com

A few other questions: Does Dan Stack still hang out here???
    Is Sir Sig still lurking about? I heard he got married. I need some star coordinate advice from somebody... anybody

I miss my trek pals

Quote Originally Posted by Dave
    first i'm amazed that my login still works. I haven't logged in in about 6 years.

Mighty Joe is a friend of mine and has a yahoo group dedicated to his fasa campaigns here:

Now that I think about it, Mighty Joe and I compiled a bunch of stuff and burned it to an html formatted CD (like a mini website on disk). It contains fan created material, old interviews, scanned people counters, star maps, small apps, and an archived version of Dan Stack's complete FASA website- the first FASA site ever. (Dan sent the file to me). Some other friends sent material to me as well, and they are credited on the CD. I keep it at home and haven't put it online since it was for personal use. If I find it, is it a copyright infringement if i give it away to someone?
    I'd sure like a copy I have a lot of printouts f Dan's stuff - it was a great site.

Allen

Quote Originally Posted by AllenS
    I'd sure like a copy I have a lot of printouts f Dan's stuff - it was a great site.

Allen
    Hi Allen,

Send me an email...

also a correction

also a correction...

i last logged in 3 years ago, not six.

but it felt like six.

Is Sir Sig still lurking about? I heard he got married. I need some star coordinate advice from somebody... anybody

I miss my trek pals
    and we miss you too, Dave! How u been? I haven't talked to you in ages!
    And for the record, I still have your old trek site on my links page as a memorial!
    email me!

I miss my trek pals
    I'd also like a copy of the CD if you find it.

I miss my trek pals

Dan is still here. Sometimes he misses his name getting mentioned though. Especially around Christmas with two young ladies and a puppy in the house. Haven't played Trek in a while though.
    AKA Breschau of Livonia (mainly rpg forums)
    Gaming blog 19thlevel

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Stack
    Dan is still here. Sometimes he misses his name getting mentioned though. Especially around Christmas with two young ladies and a puppy in the house. Haven't played Trek in a while though.
    I guess that means a DAN STACK STILL COMES HERE! post would ne sort of superfluous and redundant now.

Well it'd stroke my ego. And having a 19-month old who constantly attempts to outsmart me (with more successes than I care to think about) has depleted my ego.... :-)
    AKA Breschau of Livonia (mainly rpg forums)
    Gaming blog 19thlevel

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Stack
    Well it'd stroke my ego. And having a 19-month old who constantly attempts to outsmart me (with more successes than I care to think about) has depleted my ego.... :-)
    Are you certain the attempts are deliberate, or just a natual byproduct of cause and effect?