Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Star Trek Legacy

Star Trek Legacy

Seems there's a new game coming out for the XBOX 360 and PC that will involve all eras of Trek history (from Enterprise to Voyager). For more information, check out their web site: http://startrek.bethsoft.com/games/legacy-overview.html

Looking through the screenshots, though, I found a couple images of ships from the old FASA game. Specifically this image of the two different version of the Winged Defender (which pops up in quite a few screenshots).
    Former Decipher RPG Net Rep

"Doug, at the keyboard, his fingers bleeding" (with thanks to Moriarti)

In D&D3E, Abyssal is not the language of evil vacuum cleaners.

Question

Bethesda Software? Aren't they responsible for Morrowind?
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

and other PC games...they've been hit and miss at times...but this one looks good
    A brave little theory, and actually quite coherent for a system of five or seven dimensions -- if only we lived in one.

Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "Now We Are Alone"

I'm worried my six-year-old PC can't effectively run Star Trek Legacy.

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

It comes out Tuesday!!!

WOOOT
    If Matt Damon is going to be Captain Kirk, does that mean Ben Affleck is gonna be Mr. Spock?

I wonder who will be the first to buy it and post a message about the game?

Grrrr!!

EB says it ships today but wont be here till tommorrow!!

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!
    If Matt Damon is going to be Captain Kirk, does that mean Ben Affleck is gonna be Mr. Spock?

Quote Originally Posted by stule
    Grrrr!!

EB says it ships today but wont be here till tommorrow!!

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!
    I guess they couldn't get a high enough warp speed to do the "slingshot effect" and produce the game on time.

I've grabbed a copy. The controls take a bit of getting used to, but pitch and yaw 3-d navigation are taken into effect. The effects are gorgous....and we have many new ships to star out for the RPG for all eras

Worth the money. and only $40 US
    A brave little theory, and actually quite coherent for a system of five or seven dimensions -- if only we lived in one.

Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "Now We Are Alone"

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by BouncyCaitian
    I've grabbed a copy. The controls take a bit of getting used to, but pitch and yaw 3-d navigation are taken into effect. The effects are gorgous....and we have many new ships to star out for the RPG for all eras

Worth the money. and only $40 US
    For me, add $900 for a new generation PC.

-- Monte Cook

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

Quote Originally Posted by REG
    For me, add $900 for a new generation PC.
    You might not need to replace the entire PC. I bought my PC back in early 2003 . . . and after adding RAM, and a new Vid Card . . . and I was ready to rock and roll for another 3 years . . . I only need to add a $140 external hard drive, and I am set in that area for atleast another half decade (and to think when I first got a 3 gig hard drive, I was like, there is no way we will be able to fill that!)

So look at your system . . . see what requirements you actually don;t meet . . . and see what it cost to meet them, you'll be suprised at how much you will save.

DeviantArt Slacker MAL Support US Servicemembers
    "The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One

My PC is twice as old as yours. My motherboard cannot power any more than the current 1.4GHz P4. I have to replace the Trinity (motherboard, processor, and memory).

-- Monte Cook

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

Quote Originally Posted by REG
    My PC is twice as old as yours. My motherboard cannot power any more than the current 1.4GHz P4. I have to replace the Trinity (motherboard, processor, and memory).
    I am sorry, I am truly sorry.
    Good luck.

Can you believe that some motherboards out there support duel video cards!?!

"The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by JALU3
    Can you believe that some motherboards out there support duel video cards!?!
    This is the first I've heard of dueling video cards.

What brand wins most of the time?

-- Monte Cook

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

You really need to scower the tech boards, and review sites. I suggest reviewsing PCMag and CNet, and the other more trust worthy sites.