Thread: Mooks? Star Trek or LOTR

Mooks? Star Trek or LOTR

Someone said that they have Mook rules in LOTR. I have the books but I can't seem to find them. Anyone know which book they are located in and where? I want to use them in my Star Trek game.

And for those who don't know what a Mook is, it is an enemy that goes down with little effort. Say for instance, 5 Klingons attack you in a bar. Instead of havign a long drawn out fight, the Game Master decides that a few will go down with just one punch. The ones that go down with just one punch are called Mooks.

So does anyone have any idea where those rules are located?

I have all the books
    If Matt Damon is going to be Captain Kirk, does that mean Ben Affleck is gonna be Mr. Spock?

Quote Originally Posted by stule
    Someone said that they have Mook rules in LOTR. I have the books but I can't seem to find them. Anyone know which book they are located in and where? I want to use them in my Star Trek game.

And for those who don't know what a Mook is, it is an enemy that goes down with little effort. Say for instance, 5 Klingons attack you in a bar. Instead of havign a long drawn out fight, the Game Master decides that a few will go down with just one punch. The ones that go down with just one punch are called Mooks.

So does anyone have any idea where those rules are located?

I have all the books
    Helm's Deep Sourcebook was said to have some, IIRC, but I can't check as I son't own it

The gist of it is instead of using the standard health system, the mooks only require successful attacks to be made against them to remove them as a threat (kill/unconscious/whatever), usually augmented by the level of success of the attack.

For example:
    There are 3 mooks-- a 1-success mook, a 2-success mook, and a 3-success mook. This means:
    The first mook only requires a minimum of 1 Marginal success attack to remove him as a threat.
    The second requires a 2 Marginal or 1 Complete success or better to remove him as a threat.
    The third requires 3 Marginal OR 1 or 2 Marginals and any success of Complete or better to remove him as a threat.

This is but one way to do it and there have been postings for augments to this system. I suggest taking a look at The Hall of Fire for articles about this as well.
    Former Editor, The Hall of Fire, Beyond the Final Frontier
    http://www.geocities.com/gandalfofborg25/index.html