Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How many people agree with me?

Melbourne, Australia. Winner of the First Trek Survivor Trivia Show, and Bearer of the Steve Long Pink Elephant Stamp of Learning. :)

Question

Woah. Big threads and posts...and almost (but not quite) a Flame War over something that hasn't even started yet!!!

Some people need to take a BIG breath, take a step back, and look at the Big Picture. Oh, and CHILL OUT!

Me? I'm going to wait and see...although, given that I'm an Aussie, I'm going to have to wait a lot longer than you Yanks before I get to see anything of "Enterprise"...

------------------
    "...and more controversial than Oolon Colluphid's trilogy of philosophical blockbusters Where God went Wrong, Some More of God's Greatest Mistakes, and Who is this God Person Anyway?"
    - The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Douglas Adams (dec.)

I want to clear up something: what I had said was that the first episode of TNG that I had seen was in the third season.

Actually what I meant was that, the third season was the first time that I could actually see TNG on a regular basis (and the first episode that I had seen of the 3rd season was 'Yesterday's Enterprise', which even though I have seen a vast majority of TNG, that episode I consider the best).

I had seen a few the first season, but none of the second season, that a relative had taped for me due to the fact that my area didn't have Fox at the time.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dan Gurden:
    I dont think you can do this, you can personally denounce it? I already had define it as generic SciFi set in the Trek universe before your denouncement...
    </font>
    I think that this new series is in the same category as Battlefield Earth. (complete, and utter crap)!!

As a former fan of Star Trek, I can denounce it if I want, but officially, since I'm not employed by Paramount, only Ms. Roddenberry could do that!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
    Your posts seem to indicate personnal anger over the show, and if you have no plans to watch it, then I recommend that you get over this...
    Try plexing if it helps, but there is nothing that any of us can do at this point.

Like it or not, its there, watch it or not, it only effects your universe if you let it.

And from the sounds of it, you are REALLY letting this get to you.

I assure you the course of the show is not a personnal attack against you or your kin, so best rest and use these energy reserves at more fruitful pursuits than flogging this dead herse...
    </font>

The point that I want to make is is that B & B have betrayed the trust that the true fans of Star Trek have placed in their hands. And I'm speaking metaphorically, not literally!

[This message has been edited by Treefrog (edited 07-28-2001).]

Angry

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by KlingonZ:
    Treefrog, will you chill out! It's only a TV show for gods sake. You owe it to yourself to at least watch the first episode. If you don't then you can't speak with any authority on the subject.

I for one think it will be very good. At least give it a chance. You are basing your opinion on rumers. Watch it, THEN judge it.
    </font>

Why would I want to chill out on a show, though I haven't seen an episode yet, that will be nothing but c***!!!!!!

The day that I will see an episode of this "thing", is the day that pigs fly out of my a**!!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Treefrog:

Why would I want to chill out on a show, though I haven't seen an episode yet, that will be nothing but c***!!!!!!

The day that I will see an episode of this "thing", is the day that pigs fly out of my a**!!
    </font>
    I remember an episode of Simpson there was something similar. Mr. Burns stood in front of the large window in his office and Smithers stood next to him. And he sais he would give money for some beneficial organisation if pigs could fly. Well, it only took seconds before a pig flew past the window ( Homer had lost it somehow... ).
    Maybe wonders still happen

( Although Burns did not gave the money, however )

------------------
    "I am a great one for rushing in where angels fear to tread." - Cpt. Kirk, Star Trek VI

www.farrealms.de

This message has been removed on request by the
    poster

After much heated discussion on whether or not I am to watch Enterprise, my beloved other half wisely said, "Give it two episodes, after that, bomb it all you want."

*sigh*

That's why I keep her around, to help me maintain a level head.

------------------
    Sit.
    Listen.
    Challenge.
    Learn.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by StyroFoam Man:
    ENTERPRISE is a work of fiction, a form of entertainment... No one is forcing you to watch, no one is making you turn the TV on and choose ENTERPRISE...

I strongly disliked B5, however I don't flame and mock it every chance I get. No one forced me to watch it, and whence I had decided that I didn't care for it too much, I changed the channel.

I feel that this ENTERPRISE show will not be very good, but I will watch a few episodes and give it a chance. IMHO the concept is sound and the characters and technology sounds intresting, but I have grave doubts about the writers ability to pull it off...
    </font>
    Well that was one of the most sensible statements and approaches to the new show I've heard. Are you sure your on the correct boards???

Wink

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by OMNIBUS:
    Well that was one of the most sensible statements and approaches to the new show I've heard. Are you sure your on the correct boards???

</font>
    Yup, StyrofoamMan can usually be counted on for good sense. Nice to see; all of this "betrayal of the 'true fans'" ranting is beginning to make me think there's actually fundie Trekkers out there now.

'Scues me, I gotta go stoke the eternal flame that hangs over my TV set...

All you yea-sayers on this board I thought the reasons you created your own threads was so you would have a forum to voice you feelings of denial that Ent is actually going to be good. Well, most of us nea sayers have stayed from those threads at your request. So why are you posting over here? Because I'm really starting to take offense to a lot of your statements. If you want to infer that I lack common sense then do it on your own boards so I don't have to read your ridiculous posts ok. I have been slagging the show...I haven't lauanched into semi-personal attacks against others who may not share my view point. If you want to seriously debate why you think that Ent will be good, by all means post your opinion. But, if all you are going to do is just make unfounded statements then please stay on your own threads, when it comes to this subject. Let us "bitch and complain" in peace.

------------------
    In the Praetors Name!

This message has been removed on request by the
    poster

As a dreaded yea-sayer I don't think the show is going to rock, be the greatest thing since they ditched the spandex on TNG... I don't know yet. I'm hopeful. I like the premise. I like Bakula as the captain (sorry Don). I like the tech. I have very mixed feelings about Berman and Braga - I like much of what they did on TNG, did not care for Voyager at all. The show might stink. But I'm gonna check it out.

And this thread's topic is "How many people agree with me?" Not "Only reply if you agree with me."

Styro's right (ow, that hurt to say). It's a little early to bury it. People here seemed more tolerant of Voyager when it was on than they are of Enterprise which hasn't even started.

[This message has been edited by Dan Stack (edited 07-29-2001).]

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dan Stack:
    Styro's right (ow, that hurt to say).</font>
    Well there ya go, end of the world as we know it time

------------------
    Captain Zymmer
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Visit Star Trek:Strange New Worlds at;
    http://www.geocities.com/aslan_collas
    =-=-=-=-=-=

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dan Stack:

And this thread's topic is "How many people agree with me?" Not "Only reply if you agree with me."
    </font>
    I didn't say that. I only said "reply if you have something constructive to the arguement."

For the most part most of the nay-sayers have said that they will give it a chance when it comes out, even I have said I will. It is just the show will have work really hard to get our fanship. My bet is that I will fallow it for 3-4 episodes before losing interest. That assumes that it dosen't occupy a spot in the listings opposite SG-1. If it does...well, up hill battle for them.

------------------
    In the Praetors Name!

Angry

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Phantom:
    All you yea-sayers on this board I thought the reasons you created your own threads was so you would have a forum to voice you feelings of denial that Ent is actually going to be good. Well, most of us nea sayers have stayed from those threads at your request. So why are you posting over here? Because I'm really starting to take offense to a lot of your statements. If you want to infer that I lack common sense then do it on your own boards so I don't have to read your ridiculous posts ok. I have been slagging the show...I haven't lauanched into semi-personal attacks against others who may not share my view point. If you want to seriously debate why you think that Ent will be good, by all means post your opinion. But, if all you are going to do is just make unfounded statements then please stay on your own threads, when it comes to this subject. Let us "bitch and complain" in peace.
    </font>
    Umm...er...you might not have noticed this, but there are very few FOUNDED statements that can be made nearly two months before the bloody thing airs.

There aremore FOUNDED statements about the show out there you have to look for them. I certainly take the article where B&B tripped over themselves to be one such statement.

------------------
    In the Praetors Name!