Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: How many people agree with me?

Wink

If anyone has not seen the latest previews of Enterprise you can put the up at http;//section31.com . The premeir is set for September 26 at 8 pm PT. This Wed there is going to be another new comercial in the middle of Voyager. Thats in LA. It depends on when Voyager airs in you area. Keep a positive atitude and all the nay sayers will be nay swayers on Sept 27.
    Just give it a chance people.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by prophetsteve:
    But this season Trek is second, perhaps third in the list of UPN's "darlings". Buffy gets the top spot, with Roswell perhaps nudging out Enterprise in the second spot. Buffy is a ratings getter and Roswell? Well its a proven commodity rather than the untested Enterprise.

</font>
    Is the guy who played Sloan still playing the sherrif on Roswell?

------------------
    In the Praetors Name!

Well, I'm not dealing with UPN. The channel that did have the little blurb is a "local" Toronto station, not a big network. So, maybe they only gave the good info out to the big guns.

I'll give it a shot, but it will have to be stellar for me to be turned.

------------------
    In the Praetors Name!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Phantom:
    Is the guy who played Sloan still playing the sherrif on Roswell?

</font>

Yes, and Jonathon Frakes is still Executive Producer and 2 time guest star...

Odd for a series that was told to re-evaluate for series 2, changing from a Teen Drama that happened to be about aliens to a far more Sci-Fi focused show...

Of course I hope that Dark Angel also feature heavily too, another show with Trek Refugees...

------------------
    DanG.

"Hi, I'm Commander Troy McClure, you might remember me from other academy training holo-simulations as, Abandon Ship, the quickest way out, and I sense danger, 101 things you dont need a Betazoid to know..."

http://www.theventure.freeserve.co.uk

Now that Space no longer plays Babylon 5, I am less interested in watching Space. Except for the reruns of TOS, TNG, and DS9...oh yeah and that Voyager thing

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Well, I'm not dealing with UPN. The channel that did have the little blurb is a "local" Toronto station, not a big network. So, maybe they only gave the good info out to the big guns.
    I'll give it a shot, but it will have to be stellar for me to be turned.</font>
    Which station Phantom.

Treks normal home in Toronto, CityTV has had jack on about the show. CHUM's specialty channel "Space: The Imagination Station" has had a little more but only that they are playing it come September.

UPN has had a bit of promo for it but its the same old stuff - very little insight into the show. And very much downplaying the Trek angle too now.

I guess its all up to the individual station...

City TV is the one I was refering to. I don't currently get SPACE, I have been thinking about it, however. I miss all those really bad Sci-Fi movies they play.

------------------
    In the Praetors Name!

Angry

The "Thing" will completely and utterly fail. One thing that KlingonZ fails to realize is that this series takes everything that Star Trek has done for the past 35 years and thrown it into a meatgrinder and then tries to pass it off as a 'good, quality' series.

There are 3 reasons why I hate this series (and I don't have to see the series either):

1.) The ship. It is an Akira-class starship, no two ways about it!!! The Akira-class debuted in First Contact, and then all of a sudden, a 24th century starship is magically transported to the 22nd century; I don't think so!!!

2.) The fact that they've (meaning the producers) have said that there will be time-traveling.

3.) The complete and utter disregard for the history of Star Trek as a whole! For all of those of you who doubt what I'm saying: between 1963 (when the U.S. Navy launched the nuclear aircraft carrier USS Enterprise, CVN-65) and 2248, when Starfleet commissioned the starship Enterprise (NCC-1701), there were NONE, ZIP, ZILCH, ZERO ships (of any sort) named Enterprise [EXCEPT, a NASA space-shuttle named Enterprise that was used as a test platform for the eventual shuttle Columbia]. Otherwise there would have been representative models of this new series' Enterprise in the ready room of Picard on the Enterprise-D on TNG.

So, in closing, all of you people who say "give it a chance", I say that B & B have blasphemied the name of Star Trek! And I will NEVER forgive what B & B have done!!!

[This message has been edited by Treefrog (edited 08-08-2001).]

I disagree with all of your points. One of my disagreements is a matter the opinion, the other two are matters of fact.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Treefrog:

There are 3 reasons why I hate this series (and I don't have to see the series either):

1.) The ship. It is an Akira-class starship, no two ways about it!!! The Akira-class debuted in First Contact, and then all of a sudden, a 24th century starship is magically transported to the 22nd century; I don't think so!!!
    </font>
    I like it. I have no problem with it. But that's just my opinion. I've pretty much liked all the Enterprises. But I can grant you this one, it is a matter of personal preference.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
    2.) The fact that they've (meaning the producers) have said that there will be time-traveling.
    </font>
    Inconclusive as to whether that will impair the quality. Every series has had time travel. Every season of TOS had at least one time travel episode, sometimes more. By the standard you have stated, you therefore hated all incarnations of Star Trek.

3.) The complete and utter disregard for the history of Star Trek as a whole! For all of those of you who doubt what I'm saying: between 1963 (when the U.S. Navy launched the nuclear aircraft carrier USS Enterprise, CVN-65) and 2248, when Starfleet commissioned the starship Enterprise (NCC-1701), there were NONE, ZIP, ZILCH, ZERO ships (of any sort) named Enterprise. Otherwise there would have been representative models of this new series' Enterprise in the ready room of Picard on the Enterprise-D on TNG.
    </font>

Incorrect.

There is proof of at least two other Enterpises (not including NX-01) in the Trek-iverse.

Between 1963 and 2248, there was the Space Shuttle Enterprise and the funky ring-ship Enterprise. Both of these were seen in ST:TMP yet not seen in TNG. Also, the previous Enterprise models were not in Picard's Ready Room on any Enterprise. The only ship model in his Ready Room was that of the Stargazer. There were some previous Enterprise models in the Enterprise-D and -E Conference Lounge, yet I don't think any had the shuttle and I know none had the funky ring-ship.

So, in closing, all of you people who say "give it a chance", I say that B & B have blasphemied the name of Star Trek! And I will NEVER forgive what B & B have done!!!
    </font>
    I still say "give it a chance". I guess I'll mention I'm a blasphemier next time I'm at confession...

[This message has been edited by Dan Stack (edited 08-08-2001).]

1) Personally I think it looks like a Romulan Bird of Prey, but that's just me.

2) Assuming I do like it enough to watch more then the first episode, the first time Time Travel is even mentioned it will be goodbye. I have had it up to the eyeballs with that f***ing writers crutch. "Gee I don't have the imagination to come up with a half way intelligent idea on how they can solve this problem...Hey, I know I have them go back in time and...... AAAARRRGGGGHHHH!!! Have them all shot!

3) I have never seen theat "funcky circle thingy" you spoke of. So, I have to agree with him on this point, except of course for the shuttle...the ring thingy was seen very briefly (so brief that I don't even remember it) so I don't accept it as a canon vessel, it isn't even in listed in the Trek Encyclopedia.

I will give it a chance, but I have to say everytime the subject is mentioned I cringe. Anyway, "May the Force be with B&B" they will need to have me as a fan.

------------------
    In the Praetors Name!

2) Time Travel episodes can royally stink, I agree. And Voyager's track-record is far, far from stellar on that front. But I have to admit Braga wrote one of my favorite TNG episodes, Cause & Effect, which had time travel.

3) "All these ships were named Enterprise." That included the funky ring-ship.

Heck, I was eagerly looking forward to Voyager and wound up pretty much giving up on it by the end of Season 1 (I caught the occasional episode, but nothing like the other series). So I could be wrong here. I've been wrong before; hence my dreaded "wait and see" stance. (As an aside, I thought First Contact would stink and wound up loving it...)

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dan Stack:
    2) Time Travel episodes can royally stink, I agree. And Voyager's track-record is far, far from stellar on that front. But I have to admit Braga wrote one of my favorite TNG episodes, Cause & Effect, which had time travel.

3) "All these ships were named Enterprise." That included the funky ring-ship.

Heck, I was eagerly looking forward to Voyager and wound up pretty much giving up on it by the end of Season 1 (I caught the occasional episode, but nothing like the other series). So I could be wrong here. I've been wrong before; hence my dreaded "wait and see" stance. (As an aside, I thought First Contact would stink and wound up loving it...)
    </font>
    As to the ringy-thing Enterprise, its detailed in the book "A Spaceflight Chronology: A Star Trek Chronology" and AFAIK, that book was never considered 'canon', so AFAIC, it never existed (meaning the ringy-thing Enterprise)!

(We ARE talking about canon here aren't we?)

As far as the shuttle Enterprise is concerned, I admit I forgot about it, and I'll amend my previous post to add the shuttle Enterprise.

I consider the Encyclopedia canon and the 'ring thingy' is in this book (pg 137) listed as SS Enterprise.

Time travel is only rumer and there is nothing in the latest copy of Communicator about this with an interview witn Berman.

Treefrog! Do me one little favor, just watch the first 15 minutes, just the first 15 minutes. Thats all I ask. Then post your review. Thats all I ask.

Do we have the same book p. 137 has a bunch of insigna on it. Also is in the "I" section of the book.

------------------
    In the Praetors Name!

I am refering to "Star Trek Encyclopedia, a reference guide to the future, updated and expanded edition" by Okuda and Okuda. Published 1999.

Page 137, 'Enterprise S.S., Early spacecraft, one of the first space vehicles to bear the name Enterprise. An image of this historical vehicle was displayed on the rec deck of the refitted original starship Enterprise. (ST The Motion Picture)' A picture of this ring thingy is along side of it.