Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: How many people agree with me?

Oh, she's a Hercules graduate is she, that makes all the difference. The best anyone could say about the acting on those shows was "passable", but since there were a few exceptions, Sorbo and Campbell, I guess I can cut her some slack until I see her on screen.

And to the comment about SG-1, your are right about that one Tokra agent. The difference is she is not on the series every week, as this Vulcan will. Also, anyone who can effectively play two distinct personalities and pull it off so the audience believes it is at least a "good actor."

Still, at if for nothing else they are both very easy on the eyes.

------------------
    In the Praetors Name!

Never thought this would go the distance.

------------------
    In the Praetors Name!

I myself would like to see this thread go as many pages as possible.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Phantom:
    Oh, she's a Hercules graduate is she, that makes all the difference. </font>

Oops. slight correction.

She was a character in a 2-part adaptation of the voyages of Sinbad... Not Hercules, Never Hercules...

So her acting is still grade-worthy!

------------------
    DanG.

"Hi, I'm Commander Troy McClure, you might remember me from other academy training holo-simulations as, Abandon Ship, the quickest way out, and I sense danger, 101 things you dont need a Betazoid to know..."

http://www.theventure.freeserve.co.uk

The Voyages of Sinbad? Grade Worthy acting??? You must have seen some different episodes than I have.

------------------
    In the Praetors Name!

Smile

Phantom. Did you watch the 2 part mini-series I am refering too. Produced in 2001?

I cant help but feel that we are talking at cross purposes...

------------------
    DanG.

"Hi, I'm Commander Troy McClure, you might remember me from other academy training holo-simulations as, Abandon Ship, the quickest way out, and I sense danger, 101 things you dont need a Betazoid to know..."

Perrryyy Guest
    Originally posted by Dan Gurden
    Phantom. Did you watch the 2 part mini-series I am refering too. Produced in 2001?

I cant help but feel that we are talking at cross purposes...

------------------
    DanG.

Actually, according to the IMDB, it was Jason & the Argonauts (and I missed it! )

Going all the way back to the original topic, No, I don't agree with you, Treefrog. For the most part, I'm enjoying "Enterprise," and think that the characterizations - much like beginning DS9 - show a lot of room for growth and enjoyment.

That said, "Spirit of Trek" debate aside, I'm with whoever said they just like watching good science fiction. The episodes are written by different authors, and beyond story-arcs that keep going, I imagine there are so many influcences on the series as a whole that one guiding voice might not be as guiding as one might think, when presented with a good story.

Or, they could just veto whatever they hate, but hey, I'm an odd puppy who thinks the best of people most of the time.

The Doc
    So you think, 'Might as well,
    Dance a Tango to Hell,
    at least I'll have Tangoed at all.'
    -- "Rent," Jonathan Larson

Originally posted by Michael Barratt
    Or, they could just veto whatever they hate, but hey, I'm an odd puppy who thinks the best of people most of the time.

The Doc
    People think of that as odd? Must be me that's wierd, then.....
    The darkness inside me is a lot scarier than the darkness out there....

Thumbs up I agree

I agree that the new series is the end of Star Trek for several reasons but the main one being it destroys the universe that has already being created.
    People on this thread have expressed their disatisfaction at having so much time traveling in Star Trek, forgive me but isn't that what B&B are doing? Going back in time? Only this time, what is done in the past will not effect the future Star Trek universe, so there is a big collision of opinions which will someday spawn an massive argument and will, no doubt, create alot more work for future Star Trek writers.
    For the people out there that say "its only a tv show", im sure you don't really believe that or you wouldn't be on a forum for a Role Playing Game system that allows you to indulge yourself in the Star Trek universe. Its more than just a tv show, if it was just a show, would we see works of art such as Spacedock? Where people have spent their own time, money and effort producing material so fans of Star Trek can actively get involved in the universe.
    Anyway, that's my opinion Im not looking to get invloved in any ongoing argument. I just wanted to help out Treefrog