Thread: Random thought

Random thought

Why haven't any starship crew ran across a race of intellegent sheep? who sheer eachother in the summer, huddle together in buildings covered in their shaved selves, and listen to a lone talking pig?

DeviantArt Slacker MAL Support US Servicemembers
    "The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One

Are you feeling alright?
    “Worried? I’m scared to death. But I’ll be damned if I’m going to let them change the way I live my life.” - Joseph Sisko - Paradise Lost

Let me guess : the planet would have been called Orwell-84, and the sheep's motto would be "Two-legs bad, four legs good" ?
    "The main difference between Trekkies and Manchester United fans is that Trekkies never trashed a train carriage. So why are the Trekkies the social outcasts?"
    Terry Pratchett

Sheer Torpedoes FIRE!!!!!

RAISE THE WOOL SHIELDS!!!

GIVE EM HOOVES!!!!

BAAAAAAD ALERT!!!
    If Matt Damon is going to be Captain Kirk, does that mean Ben Affleck is gonna be Mr. Spock?

I want to see the sheep asimilated by the borg.

baah resistance is futile

Quote Originally Posted by Ergi
    Are you feeling alright?
    At work on Thanksgiving, bored. Of the day I spent 0000-0900 (starting at 1900 the previous day), then returned at around 1515 and will be here until atleast 2330.
    Sometimes I envy the European work system, 35 hour work weeks mandated, dedicated prolonged vacations . . .
    but this is off topic.

Now that this thread has changed slightly. Let us all think of all the wierd things that can be assimulated by the Borg.

1) Carebears

Now woe has a response or the second response?

"The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One

My Little Pony's
    If Matt Damon is going to be Captain Kirk, does that mean Ben Affleck is gonna be Mr. Spock?

Fraggles!!!!!

Anyone remember the Borg vs. the Smerfs thread?
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"

Quote Originally Posted by JALU3
    Why haven't any starship crew ran across a race of intellegent sheep? who sheer eachother in the summer, huddle together in buildings covered in their shaved selves, and listen to a lone talking pig?
    Because the Klingons ate them all.
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Quote Originally Posted by C5
    Let me guess : the planet would have been called Orwell-84, and the sheep's motto would be "Two-legs bad, four legs good" ?
    No, no. It would be:
    "Baa-ram-ewe, baa-ram-ewe. To your breed, your fleece, your clan be true. Sheep be true. Baa-ram-ewe"
    KIRK: The.. away team.. will.. consist of.. Myself.. Dr. McCoy.. Mr. Spock.. and.. Ensign Freddy
    ENSIGN FREDDY: Oh &@$%

Although the Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy was written more as Sci-Fi Comedy, I think serveral ideas within it are very interesting. Especially the statement that any where in the universe, somewhere within it, occurs naturally something that is manufactured . . . it's just the matter of getting it . . . all based on the laws of chance. Therefore, somewhere out there . . . Starships are birthing themselves.

Although the Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy was written more as Sci-Fi Comedy, I think serveral ideas within it are very interesting. Especially the statement that any where in the universe, somewhere within it, occurs naturally something that is manufactured . . . it's just the matter of getting it . . . all based on the laws of chance. Therefore, somewhere out there . . . Starships are birthing themselves.
    Gomtuu? "Emergence"? The Planet Killer? The insect ship from "Beyond the Farthest Star"?
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

True, however, in the Star Trek world it is very rare . . . however, imagine a world war for some reason, Current styled Space Shuttles are created naturally, out of stallagtites . . . wouldn't that be a trip to find?

True, however, in the Star Trek world it is very rare . . . however, imagine a world war for some reason, Current styled Space Shuttles are created naturally, out of stallagtites . . . wouldn't that be a trip to find?
    They'd be bumpier.