Thread: Icon Starships

Icon Starships

I am going to try an ICON game. I have converted my players characters over from CODA to ICON. So far I'm happy with the result. I want to do Spacedock but I feel maybe I should learn the basic game first. Are there any posts on just normal ICON ships or is there a way to convert Spacedock to ICON. I'm sorry if it's a dumb question, and maybe I should stick to CODA but I really want to try this system out.
    If Matt Damon is going to be Captain Kirk, does that mean Ben Affleck is gonna be Mr. Spock?

There is a Spacedock to ICON conversion at the back of the Spacedock PDF. As for using the standard ICON rules. They work decently well. They aren't bad, but they are no where as detailed as Spacedock.

DeviantArt Slacker MAL Support US Servicemembers
    "The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One

Quote Originally Posted by stule
    I want to do Spacedock but I feel maybe I should learn the basic game first.
    Well we are getting ready to start a simulation, every one is free to watch.

...or is there a way to convert Spacedock to ICON
    Yes, the rules are in the last section of the Sourcebook.

I'm sorry if it's a dumb question
    Nope, we have had worse.

I really want to try this system out.
    Alright, there are several of us still useing ICON. You seem to be catching on rather well.
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"

Thanks Phoenix

If Matt Damon is going to be Captain Kirk, does that mean Ben Affleck is gonna be Mr. Spock?

If you have any questions feel free.

Carefully study the basic ICON/LUG rules for multiple shots.

And I would start with the basic rules. move on to spacedock after you've done a few combats with the basic rules because spacedock is over 200 pages, if I recall.