Thread: Battlestar Moves To Sundays

Battlestar Moves To Sundays

Ah...scifi must be trying to save some money by shedding its top show.

I am about to get a DVR just to record this . . . if they keep change the TV schedule, and my work schedule, I will end up seeing nothing.

DeviantArt Slacker MAL Support US Servicemembers
    "The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One

Sunday?

Great.

Now I gotta fight my wife.

She watches Cold Case on Sunday.

Grrrrrrrr.
    If Matt Damon is going to be Captain Kirk, does that mean Ben Affleck is gonna be Mr. Spock?

Yeah, when they start messing with your time slot, you're done for.

This seems like a tactical mistake: They practically OWN Friday nite (I'm not even sure what's on network TV fridays), but Sundays have seriously entrenched shows (Desperate house wives, Cold case, Family guy, and right now Sunday nite NFL).

I mean I understand trying to pull views to this new show, but messing up the current Status quo seems a bit of a mistake. And what is gonna take it's spot on Friday? (hey, they can always show Pirahanna-gator-raptor VS. Weredemon-zombies 4)

One might argue that moving the X-files to Sunday is why it survived after the first few years. No way to be sure, of course.

BSG is faced with a particular problem that Sunday night probably won't make worse, and could potentially make better. The BSG fanbase is sizable, but the ratings don't reflect it because such a large percentage of the demographic TiVOs the show. A much higher percentage of the populace is home on Sunday night compared to Friday night, so ratings could potentially notch up significantly.

Hey, I work Friday nights and have never been able to watch it 'live,' so my 'vote' has never counted despite being a devoted fan.
    - Daniel "A revolution without dancing is a revolution not worth having."

By the way, why have the "rate the latest BSG episode" polls stopped? Lack of interest? I rather liked them.
    Every procedure for getting a cat to take a pill works fine -- once.
    Like the Borg, they learn...
    -- (Terry Pratchett, alt.fan.pratchett)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by stule
    Sunday?

Great.

Now I gotta fight my wife.

She watches Cold Case on Sunday.

Grrrrrrrr.
    So, is it Cold Case or sleeping alone?
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

heh, I have to remember to set the DVR or it IS cold case: sleeping alone by the wife until the repeat comes on again..
    god,grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway,The good fortune to run into the ones I do,And the eyesight to tell the difference..

NSDQ

Quote Originally Posted by REG
    So, is it Cold Case or sleeping alone?
    If she doesn't get her Cold Case, sleeping alone is definitely in my future.

If Matt Damon is going to be Captain Kirk, does that mean Ben Affleck is gonna be Mr. Spock?

Hmm, I record on Friday nights to watch later, and now I'll record it on Sunday nights to watch later. No change for me.