Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: TMP Schematics

The Thyella is a nice one. I like how it incorporates a "standard" saucer and nacelles while being definitely smaller than either the Constitution refit or the Miranda class. It's sort of what FASA's overlarge Baker class could have been.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
    --Mentat Coffee Mantra

FASA’s oft-forgotten Shepherd class, refit to TMP standards.

"Thank god I'm only watching the game... controlling it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Filean
    The Thyella is a nice one. I like how it incorporates a "standard" saucer and nacelles while being definitely smaller than either the Constitution refit or the Miranda class. It's sort of what FASA's overlarge Baker class could have been.
    Theylla was a nice one. I wanted to draw the Miranda's engine housings, but keep a small ship (of which, there are far too few of in Trek). A lot of people are suggesting it as the 'replacement' for the Baker, as well.. which may save me drawing a ship.

PS - And the Wilkerson's original art did have thin pylons, but I can probably update that tommorow with the 'Enterprise' standard to make them work better.

The Shepherd is a good smaller ship, too...in both incarnations. I think the refit begs for some Miranda-esque sensor/deflector greebly things on the dorsal leading edges of the rear hull, though.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
    --Mentat Coffee Mantra

Quote Originally Posted by TFVanguard
    Theylla was a nice one. I wanted to draw the Miranda's engine housings, but keep a small ship (of which, there are far too few of in Trek). A lot of people are suggesting it as the 'replacement' for the Baker, as well.. which may save me drawing a ship.
    It wouldn't hurt my feelings. The Baker is not only as long as a Constitution refit with what looks like a greater internal volume, it has those nacelles hanging down as if to say, "Hey, hey, Bird of Prey, decloak and shoot me off today...." (But one could say the same for the Chandley.)

The Theylla hits the same aesthetic points for me with none of the distractions. More compact, shorter pylons, and probably more elegant lines.
    --Mentat Coffee Mantra

Y'know, I'd kind of wandered away from these boards for a while, so maybe I'm not as familiar with the ins and outs as I used to be. Am I now expected to have an engineering degree to post my opinion, or is this kind of snitty attitude just idiosyncratic of a few posters? If the former, then I'll not darken your door again.
    Don't take it personally. Some of them have rather peculiar tastes in ship design : P
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Ajax Class Cruiser, NCC-2616

Some minor changes and corrections, really just to make the fore and dorsal views possible. Also made the shuttle-bay ‘standard’ size.

The Shepherd is a good smaller ship, too...in both incarnations. I think the refit begs for some Miranda-esque sensor/deflector greebly things on the dorsal leading edges of the rear hull, though.
    I contemplated adding two MK-2 Phaser Arrays on it, but I haven't actually drawn that part yet and was waiting to get some better pics of the Reliant to make them from.

I contemplated adding two MK-2 Phaser Arrays on it, but I haven't actually drawn that part yet and was waiting to get some better pics of the Reliant to make them from.
    I don't think more phasers are all that critical. It's already packing, what, the standard 6 banks on the saucer? I'd look for an excuse for even a single torpedo launcher on a ship that size before I worried about more phasers.
    --Mentat Coffee Mantra

RE: Ajax

This is good. I like seeing TOS or film-era ships with a reduced secondary hull and interhull that can fill in the gray area between the Constitution and the one-hull wonders like the Miranda. Nice touch with the shortened nacelles, too.
    --Mentat Coffee Mantra

Ajax Class Cruiser, NCC-2616

Some minor changes and corrections, really just to make the fore and dorsal views possible. Also made the shuttle-bay ‘standard’ size.
    Wowwowwowwowwow.

That's a great looking ship.

Alex

For a request from TrekBBS

My favorite ship in this thread is by a long shot the Ajax. Great work on all of the designs, TVF. Thanks for sharing.

Glad you liked it..

Also, I redid the Wilkerson a little and widened the pylons to make more sense out of the design.

My personal 'retake' of the previous request...