Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Kelvinizing the Baton Rouge Class"

"Kelvinizing the Baton Rouge Class"

Has anyone tried to do this? If so (out of curiosity) I would like to see what it would look like.
    Hodor !

I have a half-done NXizing of it... : P
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

I would like to see that.

The reason I would like to see "Kelvinizing" is because the two ships seem to be of the same design period.
    Hodor !

That's an interesting idea
    Tractor beams are not designed for sling shotting Asteroids!! "What other use is there then?" T'Pak klingon/ vulcan hybrids response to fighting in an asteriod field.

Are we talking about the longer nacelles and darker hull colour or stats wise?
    Tractor beams are not designed for sling shotting Asteroids!! "What other use is there then?" T'Pak klingon/ vulcan hybrids response to fighting in an asteriod field.

I am talking about someone doing a picture.
    Hodor !

Well, here's my sketchup study.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

That is beginning to look real good! Please continue.
    Hodor !

I decided to a cg sketch as my warmup today:

Skree, when you said "Kelvinizing" my mind went to The Original Series and the Kelvin Species. First thought the super-warp is only a plot device effect, and then I realized you wanted an image so I again incorrectly thought Icosahedron (20 sided polyhedron) how hard is it to find an image for that, most gamers have a few stashed away some place.

Everything changed once I read down to Tatterdemalion’s post. Just hope you don’t laugh too hard at my old man ways.
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"

That's ok, I did'nt laugh to hard (hey, i'm an old school gamer myself by the way).
    In order to avoid any confusion what I am looking for is someone to draw, or illustrate, etc the Baton Rouge-class using the parts or the style of the USS Kelvin from the Star Trek 2009 movie.
    Hodor !

To give you some idea what i'm looking for

"Kelvinized" COOK-class
    Last edited by skree; 12-28-2010 at 01:00 PM.
    Hodor !

Something a bit like this? or do you want more "Kelvin" style parts?

More Kelvin parts. Such as:

• Primary hull (saucer)

• Warp nacelles

• And if possible the deflector dish and nacelle struts
    Hodor !

Okay try this