Thread: Star Trek Das Rollenspiel

Star Trek Das Rollenspiel

I caught something on a mailing list about some version of a Star Trek RPG that came out in Germany from Fanpro sometime in the mid to late 1990's, only in German, of course, but that was supposedly based on the old FASA game. Anyone know about this?

Allen

As far as i know it was just a translation of the FASA Rules, era was TOS and it never got past publication of the Corebook.

If you want to know more about it, let me know, as I have a copy that I found in a used bookstore for very small money. I could dig it up and answer your questions. But as Captain Otto said, I think that it's the translation of the FASA rules set.

Quote Originally Posted by Cut
    If you want to know more about it, let me know, as I have a copy that I found in a used bookstore for very small money. I could dig it up and answer your questions. But as Captain Otto said, I think that it's the translation of the FASA rules set.
    Thanks! The people who were commenting on it said it was put out by Fanpro in the mid to late nineties and did include some "updating" involving Next Generation. Of course, being all in German and me being sadly monolingual, I would have no way to know this I just found it interesting that a game based on the FASA version would be published so long after FASA lost the license.

Allen

Quote Originally Posted by AllenS
    The people who were commenting on it said it was put out by Fanpro in the mid to late nineties and did include some "updating" involving Next Generation.
    To be honest, I can't remember. I have not looked into that book...well since the late nineties ;-)

Of course, being all in German and me being sadly monolingual, I would have no way to know this
    That's what we're here for: Just ask away and we that do happen to speak german will surely try to help you out. I myself have often enough asked members of these very forums questions about sayings, meanings and abbriviations of english origin that I needed explaining for. So I'd be more then happy to return the favour.

I just found it interesting that a game based on the FASA version would be published so long after FASA lost the license.
    That is indeed an interesting aspect. Maybe the legal issues behind this was the reason that there where obviously no other titles published in that series. Just guessing, though.

Thanks!
    You are welcome.

I have received some clarification. The updated material appeared not in the game itself, but in a series of articles in a gaming magazine called "Wunderwelten" . There is some interest in getting these articles translated so that FASA fans can use them, but the guy who has them is not a native speaker and thus has problems with translating. If you'd be interested in helping out, here is the Yahoo Group:

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/UFC465537

The individual in question can be reached at:

fasafan@yahoo.com

He also runs the Morena Shipyards group, I am told.

Allen

I have received some clarification. The updated material appeared not in the game itself, but in a series of articles in a gaming magazine called "Wunderwelten" . There is some interest in getting these articles translated so that FASA fans can use them, but the guy who has them is not a native speaker and thus has problems with translating. If you'd be interested in helping out, here is the Yahoo Group:

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/UFC465537

The individual in question can be reached at:

fasafan@yahoo.com

He also runs the Morena Shipyards group, I am told.

Allen
    My interest would be limited to the actual amount of free time I have, but apart from that I could gladly give it a try. Although I have never actually played FASA Trek so I might be lacking a bit. If I remember, I'll see into this, or even better, have him mail you a sample text from Wunderwelten (which was a Roleplaying magazine, IIRC) and you can hand it to me. I can not really find the time to regurlally visit yet another forum/site/group on the internet.