Thread: Embedded Nacelles...?

Embedded Nacelles...?

Alright. Starfleet has several ship classes with embedded (or partially embedded) nacelles. Would somebody tell me why the Steamrunner and Saber-class ships don't gain any benefits whatsoever because they've got 'partially-embedded' nacelles?

Just a question. Personally I think they ought to gain a small benefit...or do they already?...from their nacelle placement.

Just my opinion.

Thanks in advance! Look forward to hearing the positions on this one.
    "...For I intend to sail in harm's way!"

-John Paul Jones

I would treat them as not getting the protection, due to the fact that a hit on any part of the nacelle effects the whole. However, I can understand if you would have it still causing issue with maximum speed of the vessel, due to the fact that the partial embedding will stil effect that ships warp feel.

DeviantArt Slacker MAL Support US Servicemembers
    "The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One

I think the positive effects should have already been accounted for, the question is if this rule has been aplied for these two classes in srm1:

A quick check on the saber class reveals: The answer is NO!

The Shields should have 100 Points more Protection and the threshold should be 10 Points higher. Likewise the Warp speeds have to be decreased by 0.1 each.

I think its just an oversight by Steve Long, but as far as i see this should be the results.

Or

Steve did this deliberatly fudging with the Size of the vessels instead.
    While the ships would not get the benefits of embedded Nacelles their compact design gives a lower profile (and no large exposed vital parts).
    Last edited by Captain Otto; 12-20-2006 at 09:25 AM.