Thread: FASA-LUG Character Creation

Post FASA-LUG Character Creation

I'm really brand spankin' new here. Just got the LUG TNG game this week. The announcements about "Enterprise" have activated the Trek-Geek gene in me once again (much to my wife's dismay!).

I used to play the FASA Trek game way way back when. One of the things I liked best about it was the character generation. Sort of Traveler-esque in its rolling for performance level on tour assignments and whatnot. Some very interesting and unforeseen character twists came from bad (or exceptionally good) rolls during character creation.

Now, I understand that with LUGTrek you can essentially build your character background as you see fit, but I've always liked a bit of random chance around what tour you end up on and how you do. Thus (finally) my question: has anyone modified the "Post Academy Experience" section of the FASA Trek character generation system (the Tour Assignments and Officer Efficiency Ratings essentially) for use with LUG Trek?

And if not, would anyone be interested if I were to take a stab at drafting this up? Looks like it wouldn't be too hard to do but I wanted to check to see if anyone had undertaken this before trying my hand at it.

Thanks,

Chris

I toyed with using the Officer Efficiency Ratings and roles for next assignment. I substituted the bonus for high intelligence with the player's Reknown scores. A 13 Reknown equaled a +13 percent bonus. Only used this on two player characters I GMed. Hasn't been needed since. No problems I've noticed and the players are happy with the outcomes.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ctatro:

And if not, would anyone be interested if I were to take a stab at drafting this up? Looks like it wouldn't be too hard to do but I wanted to check to see if anyone had undertaken this before trying my hand at it.

Thanks,

Chris
    </font>
    Oh today is your random day of chance as it so happens I started work this week on just such a path. What I did was to breakdown the various tour of duties under respective headings from FASA such as the terraforming colonization mission under Colonial Command and etc. This way you can essentually use the same mechanic found in FASA to assign you chracter but yet have the freedom to choose within the command the tour offered. I even plan to use the OERs to determine who can go to what schools and advance training. If you want more drop me a line.