Thread: The Lord of the Rings (1978) Review

The Lord of the Rings (1978) Review

http://www.agonybooth.com/lord_of_the_rings/

for those of us who've forgotten....yes this was a horrible film
    A brave little theory, and actually quite coherent for a system of five or seven dimensions -- if only we lived in one.

Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "Now We Are Alone"

Actually, I didn't think it was so bad for what it was intended.

It certainly doesn't compare to Peter Jackson's version but I though it was good for what it was worth.

It was nice to see some of Tolkien's characters come to life, so to speak, on the big screen.

I enjoyed it when it came out & now have it on DVD.

That movie was the very first that me and my family ever taped, when we finally bought our first VCR years and years ago. I have fond memories of the picture just because of that! Oh, and I still have that tape....somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Cut
    That movie was the very first that me and my family ever taped, when we finally bought our first VCR years and years ago. I have fond memories of the picture just because of that! Oh, and I still have that tape....somewhere.
    I actually bought the VHS tape many years ago. I keep it around in case I need to bootstrap an eating disorder.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
    --Mentat Coffee Mantra