Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Free Graphic Toolkit Parts!

OOh very nice! and it's a shame you went down the bitmap route, vectors would have been SO much better!
    Ta Muchly

I was just paying one of my occasional return visits, when I noticed this thread - awesome!

I've been considering asking to borrow some of your designs for my website, but always had some differences of interpretation and the lack of talent to modify them appropriately. These solve all my problems!

Although I will credit you

Quote Originally Posted by Tobian
    OOh very nice! and it's a shame you went down the bitmap route, vectors would have been SO much better!
    It looks like I'll be tracing out the ones I want in Campaign Cartographer 3 format. Would there be sufficient interest to make it worth my while doing all of them? (It's the only vector graphics format I have). It would probably take me a while though!
    Jon

"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea is asleep and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song.
    Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do."
    THE DOCTOR, "Survival" (Doctor Who)

Quote Originally Posted by Imagus
    I was just paying one of my occasional return visits, when I noticed this thread - awesome!

I've been considering asking to borrow some of your designs for my website, but always had some differences of interpretation and the lack of talent to modify them appropriately. These solve all my problems!

Although I will credit you

It looks like I'll be tracing out the ones I want in Campaign Cartographer 3 format. Would there be sufficient interest to make it worth my while doing all of them? (It's the only vector graphics format I have). It would probably take me a while though!
    Uhh... I wonder how cross-compatible vector formats are...
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Quote Originally Posted by The Tatterdemalion King
    Uhh... I wonder how cross-compatible vector formats are...
    The 'best' format that CC3 would be able to output to is saving the files as Enhanced Metafiles. That should allow the files to be read by any graphics program.

Well, judging from the save as menu, it can do AutoCad DWG and DXF formats as well, but I have no idea how good those conversions are!

IIRC, CC3 is based on FastCad, which I think originally came from the same roots as AutoCad.
    Jon

"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea is asleep and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song.
    Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do."
    THE DOCTOR, "Survival" (Doctor Who)

Very, very nice work. Thanks much.
    - LUGTrekGM

Toolkit #6

"Thank god I'm only watching the game... controlling it!"

I hate to be a stickler, but where are the 'necks' or 'dorsal connectors'? Its hard to build an "Enterprise-esque" ship with no neck. By the way, anyone using a MAC? I'm not sure what program works best with these part kits.
    Darth Sarcastic

"Shall I goto 'Red Alert' sir? It does mean changing the lightbulb." - Kryten, Red Dwarf

This set includes:
    Enterprise Secondary Hull
    Reliant Hull
    Reliant Weapons pod
    Excelsior Warp Engine
    Excelsior Warp Engine (Short)
    'Notched' Torpedo Primary Hull
    Running Lights
    Phaser Banks
    Primary Hull Deflector Notch
    Wide Impulse Housing Variant

Same rules as before.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Sarcastic
    I hate to be a stickler, but where are the 'necks' or 'dorsal connectors'? Its hard to build an "Enterprise-esque" ship with no neck. By the way, anyone using a MAC? I'm not sure what program works best with these part kits.
    I don't have the pylons in the kits because, honestly, they're the most varied of parts along with being the easiest to draw.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Sarcastic

Try the Gimp!

http://www.gimp.org/

Question

In Toolkit_Freebies_5.gif you have the Daedalus primary hull (the sphere). But you don't have the Daedalus secondary hull or neck stem anywhere. For that matter, you don't have any of the neck stems. Could you make another panel with the Daedalus secondary hull and any of the neck pieces?

Edit: And the S. S. Valiant? That one's pretty much a one-piece ship I guess, and it is pre-Federation, but it would be nice to have in the scale and design style of the existing ship parts.