Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sky Princes Of Orion

Quote Originally Posted by The Tatterdemalion King
    ... did Tellar have a 'thing'? I mean, we know their personalities, but did Tellarites have an underlying 'theme' to them the same way the Andorians seemed to?
    Well, only the core designers could really tell you that ... Apart from Ross Isaacs telling me "The Tellarites are our Dwarves," at one point, I wasn't privy to the core design decisions, all of which predated my involvement by a year or more.

I've always been interested in the creative decisions behind the LUG version, because of design choices like the ones they took with the 'core federation members.'
    I know what you mean; I'm the same way. It's why I'm a sucker for Designer's Notes articles; I wish they hadn't fallen out of fashion. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Sjohn
    So, expect that within a matter of weeks at most, or days if I can manage it.

I may also publish the one semi-solid scrap of my own LUG work that isn't on the site yet, because it actually predates my public involvement with LUG. In an odd bit of irony, I was actually the original writer assigned both Andoria and Tellar in "Planets of the UFP," but I had to bow out due to other work. I recently ran across my original (incomplete) drafts, including a readable fragment of my take on Tellar.
    That would be cool to read, especially after some of the discussions we had a few years back about Andorians.
    "It is our mission to push back the darkness from the light and expand the boundaries of knowledge and understanding. That doesn't mean exploring every pleasure planet between here and Andromeda XO."

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. K. Vaughn
    That would be cool to read, especially after some of the discussions we had a few years back about Andorians.
    If it were cool to read, I would have posted it years ago. Honestly, it's nothing much at all ... I just found it while rummaging for the Sky Princes stuff, so I figure what-the-heck-let's-be-a-completist.

It's not of much interest in terms of LUG canon, either, since it's unrelated to any LUG material except the original Tellarite thumbnail description from the TNG core.

As "missing" material goes, it's about as thrilling as a "special extended episode" extended by 2.4 seconds because the camera lingers on someone scratching their nose.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyg
    Cool. New stuff. Or at leas "new" to most of us. :

And it's nice to see Sjohn posting again.
    I agree and wholehardly concur.
    Member, TrekRPGnet Development Team | OD&D Guild - The Guild for Original (Classic) D&D | FlintGamers |Free Web Hosting

If it were cool to read, I would have posted it years ago. Honestly, it's nothing much at all ... I just found it while rummaging for the Sky Princes stuff, so I figure what-the-heck-let's-be-a-completist.

It's not of much interest in terms of LUG canon, either, since it's unrelated to any LUG material except the original Tellarite thumbnail description from the TNG core.

As "missing" material goes, it's about as thrilling as a "special extended episode" extended by 2.4 seconds because the camera lingers on someone scratching their nose.
    One never knows what little tidbit another might find inspirational...
    "It is our mission to push back the darkness from the light and expand the boundaries of knowledge and understanding. That doesn't mean exploring every pleasure planet between here and Andromeda XO."

I know what you mean; I'm the same way. It's why I'm a sucker for Designer's Notes articles; I wish they hadn't fallen out of fashion. :/
    Amen.

As a GM, I found it much easier to run something or interpret a rule when I had a clue as to what the designer had in mind rather than just the game mechanics. I recall one topic on here a long time back when Don Mappin and myself completely disagreed about a rule, but we both made our decisions for essentially the same reason. He had used rule A to prevent situation X, while my style of GMing prevented situation X in another way, so I eliminated rule A--or vice versa. We both had the same end goal in mind, but just choose different methods of achieving it. Once we understood what they other guy was trying to do, and how, we ended up in agreement.

Knowing why a certain rule exists really helps in deciding if it is something that can be dropped or modified, and what problems might arise from doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyg
    Knowing why a certain rule exists really helps in deciding if it is something that can be dropped or modified, and what problems might arise from doing so.
    Absolutely, or as I like to put it: "Motive is half the crime."

Absolutely, or as I like to put it: "Motive is half the crime."
    Inexplicably, the other half is some sort of pan-cake.
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Inexplicably, the other half is some sort of pan-cake.
    Only if they are hot-cakes, although that would most likely be the work of a cereal killer.

So... any news?
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

So... any news?
    Not yet, alas. Soon, though. Digging myself out of some of the map-work for Medieval France.

Not yet, alas. Soon, though. Digging myself out of some of the map-work for Medieval France.
    The map is not the territory–UNTIL YOU FALL INTO THE HANDS OF THE LIVING GOD!

The map is not the territory–UNTIL YOU FALL INTO THE HANDS OF THE LIVING GOD!
    Does he enjoy manually pasting in accented letters in Illustrator? Because if he does, and works cheap, he's got a job

Because if he does, and works cheap, he's got a job
    Maybe he doesn't, but I do. : d
    Last edited by The Tatterdemalion King; 03-13-2007 at 03:31 PM.

Wow! S. John's back!

*Queeg waves*

How go the Fire Eaters? I am/was one, once upon a time. Kinda fell out of the loop a couple years back!

Cheers,

LQ
    Drunken DM and the Speak with Dead spell: "No, I'm not the limed-over skeleton of the abbot, and no this special key in my boney fingers does not open the door to the secret treasury! ... Oh crap."