Thread: OT: Lord of the Rings RPG Chat (09/22)

Post OT: Lord of the Rings RPG Chat (09/22)

Hi, guys. Forgive the off-topic post, but I wanted to pass on some information that I thought might be of interest to the assemblage.

As some of you already know, I'm the Project Leader (i.e., lead designer) on the LORD OF THE RINGS ROLEPLAYING GAME for Decipher, Inc. Several of you have e-mailed me questions about it, and so on.

This Saturday, September 22, from 4:00 to 7:00 PM EST, I'll be participating in a live chat at the Decipher website, www.decipher.com. If you're interested in the game and/or would just like to find out more about it, please feel free to stop by and post a question or three. I can't talk about the Trek RPG, but I'll be glad to answer your LOTR gaming questions.

Steve Long

Cool!

So that will be really early Sunday morning for me then

------------------
    Thats Cpt SIR SIG to you!

More then meets the eye,
    His a MapMaker in disguise.

Steve,

I'll be there! Thanks for posting this! I'll be very interested to hear your thoughts on the challenges of creating an RPG from such a famous work (works actually) of fiction.

Erik

I look forward to seeing you there, then.

I'm told there will be a big banner on the main page leading attendees to where they need to go. The "chat" will actually be more of some sort of advanced real-time message boarding thing -- I'm not sure since I've never done a Decipher "chat" before. But I'm sure it will go smoothly enough.

Steve Long

I guess I'm Un-Canadian: No Beer, No Hockey, No Paul Martin!

:::Whine mode on:::
    I've got to work
    :::Whine mode off:::

I may have been to early or to late. But I certainly didn't see anything on the website pertaining to this

------------------
    Thats Cpt SIR SIG to you!

More then meets the eye,
    His a MapMaker in disguise.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SIR SIG:
    I may have been to early or to late. But I certainly didn't see anything on the website pertaining to this </font>
    Me too..nothjing on the main page about a chat or an obvious link to go to? What gives?

------------------
    Captain Zymmer
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Visit Star Trek:Lexington at;
    http://www.usslexington.net
    =-=-=-=-=-=

It may have ended by now (8:00 PM EST), but the link is right there on the front page -- re: "Bilbo's Birthday Party."

Though I'll be the first to say that it could perhaps have been clearer. Sorry you missed it.

Steve Long

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Steve Long:
    It may have ended by now (8:00 PM EST), but the link is right there on the front page -- re: "Bilbo's Birthday Party."

Though I'll be the first to say that it could perhaps have been clearer. Sorry you missed it.
    </font>
    It said Message Board, not chat though...I clicked and it took me to message boards...was that were the chat was?

------------------
    Captain Zymmer
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Visit Star Trek:Lexington at;
    http://www.usslexington.net
    =-=-=-=-=-=

Yes. Unfortunately I was mislead; it wasn't really a "chat" so much as a sort of real-time message boarding sort of thing. Effectively it wasn't much different from a chat, and in fact in some ways the message boarding format made it easier for me to provide lengthy answers to questions if necessary. But unfortunately the information that propagated out wasn't as good as it could've been; my apologies.

Steve Long