Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Klingon Honor System

Dont know if its any help... But an old thread of mine has some Klingon Honour Stuff pre-developed and buried in it...

http://forum.trek-rpg.net/showthread.php?t=5183
    DanG/Darth Gurden
    The Voice of Reason and Sith Lord

“Putting the FUNK! back into Dysfunctional!”

Coming soon. The USS Ganymede NCC-80107
    "Ad astrae per scientia" (To the stars through knowledge)

Quote Originally Posted by RealPity
    That might help eh !

Group E-mail Address to subscribe:
    klingon-supplement-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
    What's the name of the group itself? When I search Yahoo Groups for "Klingon," I get 414 results. But "klingon-supplement" gets none at all.
    "It's hard being an evil genius when everybody else is so stupid" -- Quantum Crook

Quote Originally Posted by First of Two
    What's the name of the group itself? When I search Yahoo Groups for "Klingon," I get 414 results. But "klingon-supplement" gets none at all.
    klingon-supplement Y!group's setting have it as "Not listed in directory".
    Member, TrekRPGnet Development Team | OD&D Guild - The Guild for Original (Classic) D&D | FlintGamers |Free Web Hosting

Cool, I've applied. Thanks!
    "It's hard being an evil genius when everybody else is so stupid" -- Quantum Crook

Feh. Application rejected because the group administrator never looked at it before the deadline.

razzum frazzum...

So, did anybody manage to save anything from there that they might be persuaded to forward on?

The Klingon code of honor seems to be different in the TOS era as compared to other eras.

In TOS episodes, Klingons are depicted as deceitful, violent, sneaky, sadistic, and all-around evil beings. They're willing to disguise themselves as humans to poison thousands. Sounds more like Romulans than Klingons.

Klingons in other eras are violent & can be sadistic, but they seem pretty up front about things. They generally announce their presense before attacking although their attacks are ruthless & they won't hesitate to use surprise if it gives them a tactical edge over an enemy. To they're own detriment at times, they prefer frontal attacks to more subtle methods, even when they're outnumbered & outgunned.

In contrast, TOS era Klingons only seem willing to fight when the advantage is in their favor. They're not afraid to fight, of course, but they will use any trick in the book they know to win.

So it seems that your honor system for Klingons would have to be different if you're referring to TOS era vs. other Star Trek eras.

Quote Originally Posted by Jem'hadar
    The Klingon code of honor seems to be different in the TOS era as compared to other eras.

In TOS episodes, Klingons are depicted as deceitful, violent, sneaky, sadistic, and all-around evil beings. They're willing to disguise themselves as humans to poison thousands. Sounds more like Romulans than Klingons.=
    Kor, Koloth and Kang definitely seemed like upstanding citizens of the Empire.

By contrast, in "Reunion" they never established who had actually posioned K'mpec. Maybe the intent was for it to be Duras. But, shit, look at what K'mpec himself was willing to do to keep the empire cohesive. Their ideal of honour fell before realpolitik (as some of the characters pointed out), as I'm sure it did in the 23rd century as well.
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Quote Originally Posted by First of Two
    Feh. Application rejected because the group administrator never looked at it before the deadline.

razzum frazzum...

So, did anybody manage to save anything from there that they might be persuaded to forward on?
    check your PM

Quote Originally Posted by RealPity
    check your PM
    I hear ya...

Sorry, wasn't online until today