Thread: Has Worf ever lost in H2H combat?

Has Worf ever lost in H2H combat?

I mean in a real fight, not getting ambushed or anything like that.

I know that he ALMOST lost to a borg in "Best of Both Worlds", but has he actually been defeated?

I'm wondering because I'd like to proclaim him as Ultimate Fighting Champion. Or something.

<I>Edit: Actually, reading his page at</I> Memory Alpha<I>, I found out that he had lost at least one fight: against the genetically enhanced Roga Danar in</I> [TNG: The Hunted]<I>, but can anyone think of another fight Worf has lost?</I>
    Last edited by Gaunt_Man; 03-19-2007 at 01:57 PM.
    "It's an M-class planet, so there should be roddenberries."

Leela, Futurama

Doesn't he get punked all the time in the first few seasons of TNG?
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

He lost once against a Jem'Hadar in By Inferno's Light, however he had been weakened by injuries sustained in previous fights.

He clearly lost against Lore in Datalore and had his arm broken by Troi in Clues, when she was posessed by an alien entity, although that might not count, since he was surprised by the attack.

EDIT

Quote Originally Posted by The Tatterdemalion King
    IIRC, no. Only that once in Datalore. The man is pretty much invincible.
    “Worried? I’m scared to death. But I’ll be damned if I’m going to let them change the way I live my life.” - Joseph Sisko - Paradise Lost

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    Yeah, I seem to remember the running joke was:

PICARD: This is Worf, our resident Klingon. Would you care to beat him up to show how you're phyiscally superior to the rest of us?

BUMPY HEAD OF THE WEEK: Certainly. (Proceeds to beat Worf up.)

I swear, Worf was a plot device for much of the first couple seasons. I blame it on his haircut.
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Tyger

I swear, Worf was a plot device for much of the first couple seasons. I blame it on his haircut.

And then he was comic relief in every movie. The only writing team that every took him seriously were the DS9 bunch.

When Bambi broke his arm (possessed or not!) that was it for me and that character. Well, that and the incessant "I am a KLINGON" and "If you were any other [blank], I would kill you..." He was a punk character.

The joke I used to tell was, "Worf: the Klingon who didn't drink his milk."

The only one who had it worse was Geordi, who not only had a long-running, serious relationship with his HOLOGRAM, but even once had his ass kicked by the turbolift...

Hugh Casey
    My Online Journal

"Oh, bother," said the Borg, "We've assimilated Pooh."

Actually, I remember hearing that Worf WAS a plot device/background character, and was never considered to be anything more than that. But the fans sorta liked him, and Yar was leaving anyway, so they kept him around.

But he was a bit of a 'one trick targ', wasn't he? Either glowering at someone, proclaiming his species, wanting to shoot everything, or alternatingly knowing nothing or everything about Klingon culture, Worf was a character all over the place.

Does anyone remember "The Lonely Among Us"?, where he is practically begging the alien to let him help it, as it's frying everyones eyes with bright lights? Now that's an honorable man!

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Tyger

Yeah, I seem to remember the running joke was:

PICARD: This is Worf, our resident Klingon. Would you care to beat him up to show how you're phyiscally superior to the rest of us?

BUMPY HEAD OF THE WEEK: Certainly. (Proceeds to beat Worf up.)

I seem to remember Mike Dorn say much the same the time he hosted A&E's Evening at the Improv:

PICARD: Greetings, I'm Capt. Jean-Luc Picard of the starship Enterprise. This is Commander Riker, Counselor Troi... and Lt. Worf, would you like to beat the crap out of him?

WORF: Should I... let them, sir?

PICARD: Yes, yes, very good, Mr. Worf.
    chris "mac" mccarver
    world's angriest creative mind

I remember reading something along those lines in the TNG Companion. Basically, they said that they had an alien beat up Worf every time they needed to show how tough the alien was, which ended with Worf being beaten by almost every visitor of the Enterprise (I'm surprised there hasn't been an episode with Wesley hurting him with some device of his ).

On the other hand, I'm not quite sure there is swordfight Worf loses. Granted, most of them were in DS9, but I don't remember him ever losing once he got a grip on his bat'leth or d'ktagh. Of course, this might also be because swordfights are lethal, and you can't have your recurring character lose a lethal fight...

Then again... Trek, especially TNG, had many problems with some of its characters, whose mere presence would make an episode moot : there was Data, who probably could fly the Enterprise by himself, or Troi who could sense deception a light-year away. And the means they had to muzzle such über-characters were not always subtle...
    "The main difference between Trekkies and Manchester United fans is that Trekkies never trashed a train carriage. So why are the Trekkies the social outcasts?"
    Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by C5
    Then again... Trek, especially TNG, had many problems with some of its characters, whose mere presence would make an episode moot : there was Data, who probably could fly the Enterprise by himself, or Troi who could sense deception a light-year away. And the means they had to muzzle such über-characters were not always subtle...
    Bah, TNG was the best. Period

Quote Originally Posted by Ergi
    He lost once against a Jem'Hadar in By Inferno's Light, however he had been weakened by injuries sustained in previous fights.
    I don't count that one. The JEM'HADAR yielded when he realized Worf wouldn't quit. Worf didn't LOSE the match.

Quote Originally Posted by Ergi
    He clearly lost against Lore in Datalore
    and had his arm broken by Troi in Clues, when she was posessed by an alien entity, although that might not count, since he was surprised by the attack.
    Hmm, I don't have TNG Season 1 (mainly because it really, really sucks ). I'll have to watch the episode. And no, I don't consider Troi breaking his arm to have been a real fight, so that doesn't count either.

Leela, Futurama

I read that somewhere too, but I haven't been able to recall any specific instance (which is why I asked here).

Leela, Futurama

I think there's a list of times Worf gets whupped in "The Nitpicker's Guide for Next Generation Trekkers."
    "It's hard being an evil genius when everybody else is so stupid" -- Quantum Crook

Quote Originally Posted by Cut
    Bah, TNG was the best. Period
    Um...nah.

there was a joke about Worf here that all he needed was the glasses witha piece of tape attached to complete his Klingon geek image after the amount of times he got punked in the first few seasons
    A brave little theory, and actually quite coherent for a system of five or seven dimensions -- if only we lived in one.

Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "Now We Are Alone"