Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Intrepid Deck Plans Are Ready

Salt Spring Island, British Columbia, Canada

Intrepid Deck Plans Are Ready

Thank you for your patience.
    "I know engineers, they love to change things..."
    - Dr. Leonard McCoy

Thumbs up

Check Treknophyle's profile for the link.
    We didn't want to be going around spamming, but people have been asking, so we wanted to let them know.

Thanks.

Trek related and the products are useful as RPG resource. So I wouldn't consider having http://www.strategicdesignpub.com/ in the signature spamming

Magnus Lundgren
    Administrator

OOOh very nice, I am pretty tempted now! EEEK!
    Ta Muchly

Thanks Magnus.
    'Spamming' was the last thing I wanted to do, but I recalled that some members of various discussion groups wanted to be informed PDQ.
    I thought it prudent to do so, thus cutting down on the death threats.
    - Dr. Leonard McCoy

Quote Originally Posted by Number6
    Check Treknophyle's profile for the link.
    We didn't want to be going around spamming, but people have been asking, so we wanted to let them know.

Thanks.
    Ah, OK. I was confused about the 'spamming' part. I didn't realize these were deckplans available for sale. I assumed it was a fan putting together deckplans for general (free) use by other fans.

I stand corrected.

I ordered last night. Looking forward ot them.

Charles

That's great news. *rubs his hands together* which means the Defiant is next Muhahahahahaha.

As a side question did you guys do the internal layout for the Waverider for the Nova and the Aeroshuttle for the intrepid class?
    Duct tape is like The Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.

- Carl Zwanzig

We thought we'd put off the shuttle interiors for now. We may produce a shuttle-only poster later - with both external and interior views.
    - Dr. Leonard McCoy

Quote Originally Posted by Treknophyle
    We thought we'd put off the shuttle interiors for now. We may produce a shuttle-only poster later - with both external and interior views.
    Something small like that might be a good "intro" or sample product. I know I'd be more inclined to "test the waters" with a $5-$15 for a small set like a shuttle, than "take the plunge" with a $35 set.

Looks Awsome, I got to get me a set

Thanks. As for 'intro' set, that is why we have the smaller sets (Defiant, Oberth, Nova). Wait until we get to the 'really' big ships.
    - Dr. Leonard McCoy

This brings up a question that I had . . . since there is near limitless potential on how a ship can be produced . . . and since form doesn't matter due to SIF, save being within a stable warp field . . . why do they not build the ships from inward out, rather than outward in? Unless there are other factories, such as reentry or atmospheric manueverability that we are not aware of. I mean shoot . . . they got a cube to fly, and things that look like mangled flying plumbing sets.

DeviantArt Slacker MAL Support US Servicemembers
    "The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One

Quote Originally Posted by JALU3
    This brings up a question that I had . . . since there is near limitless potential on how a ship can be produced . . . and since form doesn't matter due to SIF, save being within a stable warp field . . . why do they not build the ships from inward out, rather than outward in? Unless there are other factories, such as reentry or atmospheric manueverability that we are not aware of. I mean shoot . . . they got a cube to fly, and things that look like mangled flying plumbing sets.
    I can think of a couple of reasons. First being what happens when the SIF fails. With a good structure to build on, the ship will still hold together. FOr does seem tomatter somewhat. I think the SIF just gives them a wider tolerance.

Secondly, "outward in" would make it easier for the workcrews, and help keep space debris out of the ship (a big hzarzard). Once thet get an outer fram and skin, they can give a ship gravity, atompshere and make it easier to work on.

Lastly, there are combat consdierations. A ship'S profile probably factors into how hard or easy it is to hit it, plus the layout would make a difference on the effects of being hit. A "spread out" design makes it less liekly that one hit will cripple a ship. All that triple redundancy stuff isn't worth much if all the power condicts are laid out right next to each other. One good hit could still take out the system.