Thread: New Ship Design For Trek Reboot-Movie Released!

Exclamation New Ship Design For Trek Reboot-Movie Released!

http://trekmovie.com/2007/04/01/desi...rprise-leaked/

Got the official stats right here too!

WISEACRE CLASS

ERA: LATE-PRE FEDERATION

TYPE: POCKET BATTLESHIP

LENGTH: 350 Meters
    WIDTH: 110 Meters
    MASS: 1,250,000 METRIC TONS

HULL: Composite alloy steel laminate bonded to ceramic micro-foam in alternating cross-bias layers. Outer layer consists of multiple layers of conductive polymer-aluminum laminate. Inner frame consists of steel alloy structural members reinforced at welds with polymer-ceramic plates and pins.

SENSORS: Long range quantum-optical telescope, gravetic pulse ranging and detection, multi-spectrum active radar, IR and UV telescopes, and a suite of classified "subspace" technology sensors.

DRIVE: Liquid salt fission reactor driving two Generation III Solid-State Field Solenoid style warp-engines. Impulse provided by accelerated-discharge fusion thrust. Fusion engine can be used to provide secondary power to ships systems to supplement the power from the liquid-salt fission reactor. Maximum Speed: Warp 4.7

WEAPONS:

14 x Twin Heavy Exotic Particle Cannons: These were developed as a brute-force answer to the Klingons developing shielding technology. Later fell out of favor as new multi-use beam technology was released to the Fleet for general use.

2x 1.5 Gigaton Nuclear Pumped Photonic Torpedo Launchers: These missiles worked on the principle of using collector rods to focus the radiation from a powerful nuclear bomb into a directed stream of energy consisting mostly of photons and x-rays. These were the last ships equipped with the technology as the new matter-antimatter warhead torpedoes proved to be more versatile over a wider range of situations.

DEFENSE: Standard denseified metallic-foam armor with magnetic polarization field. Mk 2 directed-wave energy deflection envelope. Comprehensive ECM/ECCM system.

NOTES:

The Wiseacre class was developed as a cheap easy to produce pocket battleship. The design was manufactured from standard iron and steel alloys using old-school technology. This allowed over 50 of them to be produced in a short period of time, allowing a rapid buildup during an era of increased tension between the proto-Federation and the Klingons and Romulans.

In battle they proved able to hold their own against contemporary Romulan and Klingon designs, but due to the relatively weak construction materials most ships suffered from structural failures during heavy sublight maneuvering. When the much more effective Daedalus and Constitution designs became available the Wiseacre class was retired and scrapped. Sadly, no example of this design survives to the current era.

OTHER SHIPS IN CLASS: USS Radoteur, USS Dunderpate, USS Mafkees, USS Goosecap, USS Loggerhead. 50 ships total in class.

We'll see how close it'll be or if it's a hoax of April the first

Talking

I'd check the date before deciding, my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Brite Dip Man
    I'd check the date before deciding, my friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cut
    We'll see how close it'll be or if it's a hoax of April the first
    Yeah, I do

It's update and it is. Who cares, may use it for a game anyways.
    Anyone who still uses Frames for a website should be shot.
    Does your sig area really need to be bigger then your post?

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    The ship actually looks quite good, really. I could do without the WWII-style gun batteries, but, otherwise, I could have lived with that design.

Nice April Fools joke, though.
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

Haha, yeah despite the silliness around it, I rather like the design! It's probably one of the production sketches (most artists are asked to come up with dozens of 'alternative' sketches) , as it definatelly has a 'pro' feel about it, even though it was quite silly
    Ta Muchly

Man, some of the comments on that page are indicative of people who desperately need HELP.

Anyway, I sorta agree, take away the turrets and the ring cut through the saucer, and it's not half bad.
    "It's hard being an evil genius when everybody else is so stupid" -- Quantum Crook